Best Pre Workout Supplement Overview
Are you looking for the best pre workout supplement ? Well, you came to the right place.
Working out does not come naturally to everyone. Most people struggle with gathering the motivation itself and even when they do, they cannot keep at it very long for various reasons. Most importantly they are not very happy with their workout results and progress. Workout satisfaction can be a big aspect in keeping up the regime and putting in more efforts. Unfortunately, the satisfaction is something most people don’t experience in the initial stages of their workout. For many others, they have hit a plateau and are unable to push through their regular regime. With these issues plaguing people, there is an easy fix that can help get you through the first uncomfortable portions of workout with a breeze and add to the motivation in the form of Pre-workout supplements. Pre-workout supplements are designed to give your body an artificial boost to guide you through your workout and give you an added shot of energy to push past your limits in order to get the best results out of it. Pre-workout supplements are also known to reduce the recovery time drastically by helping the body heal easier. There are various pre-workout supplements available in the market currently that work in various ways to provide you with the best results as per your requirement. But which is the best pre workout among them, let us take a look.
4 Gauge is considered as the best pre workout supplement on the market. One of the most popular pre-workouts in the market is the 4 gauge pre-workout that has some tremendous claims and great reviews. The 4 gauge pre-workout website claims the following benefits:
- Added Strength: The product claims to enhance strength for your workouts and help you lift more weights than usual and add more muscle.
- Better focus: 4 gauge promises undivided attention so that you can dedicate all your focus to your workout and get the best results out of it.
- Extended Stamina: As most pre-workouts, 4 gauge also provides better endurance and stamina to get you going for longer workout sessions.
- Muscle pumps: This claim is what differentiates 4 gauge from the rest of the pre-workouts on the market. 4 gauge claims to give you better muscle gains and increased definition.
Given the above claims, the product seems like a magical enzyme that makes for a great workout and amazing results. But how does it work exactly? The supplement works through its active ingredients and claims to be an absolutely safe supplement. The following ingredients go into making the 4 Gauge pre-workout supplement:
- Caffeine Anhydrous: This ingredient is known to slow down the use of glycogen as a source of energy. This redirects the body to use fat instead of glycogen and increase power/strength and endurance by the means of strengthening muscle contractions.
- L-Theanine: The L-Theanine has psychoactive properties which influence the central nervous system. This helps keep the body relaxed and provides a boost to the body. It also increases focus and energy without causing an energy crash and provides added motivation.
- Caffeine: Caffeine & L-Theanine create a balance together and result in increased stimulation. You get an energy boost from Caffeine and relaxing effects from L-Theanine.
- Creatine Monohydrate: This supports the production of ATP which is known to increase energy by the means of stimulating energy source. This ingredient ensures a steady supply of strength and endurance for the workout.
- L-Citrulline Di-Malate: This is known to boost the production of nitric oxide in the body which increases the dilation of blood vessels. This results in better muscle gains.
- Red Beet: Red Beet is known to boost the production of plasma nitrate and nitric oxide in the body. The increase in the production contributes by increasing in the blood vessels dilation which again helps for muscle gains.
There are various other ingredients in 4 gauge, which are: Rhodiola Rosea, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Coconut Water Powder, Dextrose, Erythritol, Natural Flavors, Xylitol, Monk Fruit Ext., Silica, Swerve
4 gauge is one of the best pre workout supplements on the market but it is majorly focused on bodybuilders and those who want to bulk up through their workouts. An added plus is that there are no artificial sweeteners used in this supplement whatsoever. 4 gauge also does not have any recorded side effects so far., which in itself is a miracle as most workout supplements play havoc with the body. All in all, it is a safe and easy to use the supplement. The pre-workout supplement sells for $45 around on their website, and each round lasts for about 20 servings.
In our opinion, 4 Gauge is the best pre workout supplement currently available.
Transparent Labs Bulk
Next in our list of best pre workout supplements is Transparent Labs. Another key player in the supplement market is the transparent labs and their new pre-series is killing it in the market. So it is no surprise that their pre-workout ‘Bulk’, is one of the top pre-workouts that you can look for. The claims in Bulk are the usual but the results are almost miraculous. Bulk claims a long range of benefits such as:
- Increased focus: Bulk gets you in the zone. You will forget the rest of the world and want to focus all your energies on your workout.
- Added strength and Stamina: Bulk keeps you going for over 4 hours and the effects help you without an energy crash.
- Bulking: As the name suggests, the formula focuses on increased nitric oxide which aids the muscle and mass gain for the gym enthusiasts.
The Bulk ingredients are what have been generating all the buzz for the supplement. Most pre-workout supplements have about 6-10 gm of potent ingredients but Bulk is packed with ingredients that help you in one way or the other. Let us take a look at them:
- Citrulline Malate: citrulline malate is considered one of the top ingredients in the pre-workout mix as it improves overall strength and muscle endurance. It is also quite effective in increasing the nitric oxide levels.
- Beta-Alanine: A lot of pre-workout supplements have Beta Alanine but they are severely underdosed. Bulk has just the right amount to reduce fatigue during intense exercise.
- BCAA (Instantized)(Fermented): The BCAA is a mixture of Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. This mixture is in the ratio of 2:1:1, and is extremely potent at added strength, muscle growth, and greater energy.
- BetaPure™ Betaine Anhydrous: This component has shown various benefits such as reduced fatigue, muscle growth, and most importantly, better recovery. The studies have shown that Betaine helps the users perform better at core workouts and strength trainings.
- Taurine: Taurine is an amino acid and it is essential for a best pre workout supplement. The amino acids work in sync with the BCAA and reduce muscle soreness to reduce the recovery time.
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: This ingredient offers better absorption and increased endurance and mental strength. This is the necessary sidekick, without whom the heroes are ineffective.
- Choline Bitartrate: Choline Bitartrate helps in intense training by maintaining acetylcholine levels for neural signaling, as well as participating in the BMHT pathway to convert homocysteine to methionine during prolonged sessions.
- L-Theanine: L-theanine is also an amino acid and works wonders when combined with caffeine. It improves reaction time, attention, and memory and reduces stress and causes relaxation at the same time.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Caffeine enhances focus, and it is no news. But more specifically, approximately 180 mg of caffeine has been found and confirmed to significantly increase repetitions to failure and readiness to invest effort in athletes.
- Mucuna Pruriens (98% L-Dopa): This ingredient has psychological as well as physical benefits for the athletes. It promotes healthy testosterone levels and increases the growth hormone.
- L-Norvaline: This helps improve the nitric oxide levels in the body that make help with the bulking of muscles.
- Synephrine: Synephrine is a magic pill, in a sense that it improves your metabolic rate by 65 kcal and stimulates the metabolism overall.
- Hordenine: Hordenine is a natural ingredient that improves energy and the metabolic rate of the users.
- Bioperine: Bioperine is an extract from the black pepper fruit. It increases absorption and aids the effectiveness of other ingredients.
- VITAMIN D3 (AS CHOLECALCIFEROL): Vitamin D3 elevates mood and normalises testrosterone levels.
- BORON (AS BORON CITRATE): Boron has been attributed to increased levels of free testosterone and a reduction in free testosterone binding globulin.
- ZINC (AS ZINC AAC): Zinc is known to maximize testosterone production and improves strength. It also allows for healthy food cravings.
All in all, Bulk is a lot of ingredients, and at least some of them have to work. Bulk sells for $49 for a packet of 30 servings.
Last but not least in our best pre workout list is Pre Jym. Now we come to our Final contender that is the Pre Jym. What is great about Pre Jym is that it is a part of the product range Jym supplements by Jim Stoppani. Jim holds a PhD in exercise and physiology so we know that he knows his supplements. The Pre Jym is one of his signature products and is one of the best pre workouts available in the market. What makes Pre Jym special is that Jim insists that all other pre-workouts have the right ingredients but are grossly underdosed and he corrects the dose in this revolutionary new pre-workout formula. His formula is simple:
- No Proprietary Blends: Jim suggests that companies are underdosing their supplements under the guise of it being a proprietary blend. Pre JYM doesn’t use proprietary blends, in fact, all ingredients and their doses are clearly mentioned on the label.
- Proper Doses: Jim’s entire sale is based on the fact that his dosages are just appropriate for you. He believes that he has hit the golden point of a magic formula and has shared it with everyone right on the label.
- No “Abbreviated” Formulas: Jim also believes that companies hide deficiencies in the formula by just mentioning abbreviated formula rather than the whole thing. Pre Jym is a completely transparent product that has proven results.
So what are these magic ingredients and dosages that he speaks of so dearly? Let’s take a look:
- Creatine Hydrochloride (HCl), 2 grams
- Beta-Alanine, 2 grams
- Betaine, 1.5 grams
- Taurine, 1 gram
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine, 600mg
- Alpha-GPC, 300mg
- Citrulline Malate, 6 grams
- Beet Root Extract (Beta vulgaris L.), 500mg
- BCAAs, 6 grams (3g leucine, 1.5g isoleucine, 1.5g valine)
- L-Tyrosine, 1.5 grams
- Caffeine Anhydrous, 300mg
- Huperzine A, 50mcg
- BioPerine (to aide in the absorption of the above ingredients), 5mg
Like you can see, the ingredients are more or less the same as the previous two supplements. However, what stands out is the super high amount of caffeine in the mix. 300 gms of caffeine is about 6 of your regular cuppas and it might be too many jitters for someone who doesn’t prefer caffeine. For them, Jim suggests that they take Post Gym as a caffeine-free amino acids supplement.
Overall, Pre Jym is a decent pre-workout and is reliable due to Jim’s personal credentials. A bottle of Pre Jym of 30 servings sells for $50. A well-earned 3rd spot in our list of best pre workout supplements.
Best Pre Workout Supplements Comparison
So we have looked into all the contenders and now that we have a better understanding of what each one of them does, let us start at what are the benefits of each one of them.
- 4 Gauge is the best pre workout that focuses on the muscle pump and the Bulking, it also has a great endurance enhancing the effect on the users, so it is safe to believe that 4 gauge is a functional pre-workout supplement that has an added effect of muscle pump and increase in nitric oxide.
- Bulk of Transparent Labs is one of their signature products of the pre-series and it has a huge list of ingredients that promote lean muscle growth and strength along with endurance and recovery. Bulk is an overall package that comes with a side focus on bulking up but not in a pompous unnatural manner. Bulk provides the muscle growth in a lean and fit way.
- Pre JYM is a product by Jim Stoppani whose credentials make this product a safe and reliable option. Pre JYM offers the right dosages which give you just the right amount of strength, endurance, and muscle growth.
- 4 Gauge is priced at a round of 20 servings for $45. This brings each serving for $2.25, which is quite expensive given the pre-workout range.
- Bulk is priced at $49 for a packet of 30 servings. That brings each serving to $1.63 roughly.
- Pre JYM sells for a bottle of 30 servings at $50. So each serving of Pre JYM is around $1.66.
- The 4 Gauge pre-workout supplement has no real recorded side effects. There is no energy crashes with 4 gauge either, however, the use of stimulants in the mix can result in depression or anxiety in some people. And in case of any side effects, you must consult a doctor immediately.
- The Synephrine in Bulk may be a magic ingredient but it also comes with a list of side effects such as:
- A headache
- Pre JYM is a well-made pre-workout supplement but due to its high caffeine content, it is bound to have all the side effects related to caffeine such as nausea, headache, vomiting, jitters etc. User feedback has shown the following side effects to have occurred with the usage of Pre JYM:
- Upset stomach
- A headache
- Fast heartbeat
- One of the major USPs of 4 Gauge is that it is one of the safest pre-workout supplements out there and it is very focused on bodybuilders who are looking for some real gains. 4 gauge is focused on muscle pump and growth.
- Transparent Labs’ growth is an overall package that promotes a wholesome idea of a supplement with a wide range of ingredients. However, some of those ingredients could react in an adverse manner with the users.
- Pre JYM claims to be the best formula for pre-workout supplements due to its adequate dosage and the research put behind it. The high level of caffeine content in Pre JYM is also an excellent stimulant in a pre-workout supplement.
The verdict on Best Pre Workout Supplements
And the winner for best pre workout is…. 4 Gauge. Given all the parameters, we can say the 4 Gauge is the safest, Bulk is the most efficient and cheapest, while Pre JYM is the most functional pre-workout supplement among these three. One can choose as per their requirements but if we were to make an overall choice, it would have to be Bul by Transparent Labs.
Bulk provides a focus on muscle growth (not unlike 4 gauge), but not in an unnatural manner. Instead, Bulk promotes lean muscle growth and metabolic stimulation to aid the workout. It is also the best-priced product and completely justifies its price tag.
4 gauge, on the other hand, is too focused on muscle pump and unnecessarily expensive. Whereas, Pre JYM has far too many reported side effects for us to feel good about the product. The caffeine content may be effective, but it is absolutely not safe in the long run.
When it comes to supplements, everyone has specific requirements. We hope the information in this article helps you pick your choice as per your needs.