What is Brain Force?
Nootropic drugs have held the fantasy of the caffeine-addicted world for quite some time now, as they promise better benefits than coffee but with half the risks. Every product claims to be the best, and then came Brain Force. Everything about the product screams “Infowars”- the company behind the product that had made its name from their ‘breaking news’ that always seemed to indicate apocalypse. The product promises you miraculous results and allows you to dream of conquering the world –which is good for marketing, but not quite good for actual review. But hey, that’s not reason enough to discard the product. Let’s take a better look and see how good Brain Force actually is.
Brain Force is a nootropic drug (or an advanced mental wellness supplement) that aims to improve the cognitive function of your brain and fight the toxic substance we consume in our daily diet. The product claims to be all-natural and aims to improve your brain function significantly.
In its commercial, Alex Jones (head of Infowars) says “This is actually what you’re designed to run on.” It pretty much sums up what Brain Force aims to do, in the context of your brainpower.
- Enhances memory
- Increases focus & concentration
- Promotes productivity
- No side effects
- 30 day money back guarantee
What does it promise?
As is expected from a product that comes from Infowars, the product aims to do a LOT. Some of the things it promises are:
- Improving the cognitive functions of the brain.
- Fighting the toxic substances present in our daily lives.
- Reversing any damage done to our mental faculties.
- Providing everything essential to our brain for better functioning.
- Providing stimulation like caffeine, but without the harmful effects of caffeine.
- Completely natural ingredients without any scope of side-effects.
How to take it?
Brain Force needs to be consumed once every day, each serving consisting of 2 pills. It must be consumed orally unless stated otherwise by your doctor. There are no warnings against prolonged consumption.
What are the ingredients?
Well, here is where things get tricky. The ingredients of Brain Force might look very promising until you scratch the surface and take a better look at them. This is exactly what we are going to do:
- Vitamin B6 – 5mg
Vitamin B6 is perhaps the most important B-vitamin you need for improved cognitive functions.
- Vitamin B12 – 20mcg
Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient, but it does not directly impact brain functions. It mainly promotes red blood cell production and is vital for those who are suffering from Vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Bacopa monnieri – 200mg
Bacopa monnieri is one of the most popular nootropic compounds and has long been associated with improving cognitive abilities. Apart from that, it also reduces anxiety and stress and improves the overall mood.
- Alpha GPC – 150mg
Two important compounds required for a healthy brain depend upon choline, which can be extracted from Alpha GPC. Choline is one of the best nootropic supplements for improving brain health.
- Yerba mate leaf – 150mg
The aim for introducing yerba mate leaf was perhaps to provide the same stimulation of caffeine that coffee provides you.
- Theobromine – 100mg
There is little to no evidence that theobromine impacts the brainpower in any capacity. Theobromine, found in cocoa plants and in dark chocolate, is primarily credited with producing the “happy” chemicals in the brain. Perhaps the idea was to keep you jolly while your brain goes into overdrive.
- Phosphatidylserine – 75mg
Phosphatidylserine is another compound that is essential for a healthy brain. It is primarily responsible for creating membranes of brain cells. It is also credited with improving memory and multi-tasking ability of the brain.
- L-theanine – 50mg
Even though l-theanine is not responsible for improving brainpower, it is quite essential. L-theanine is found in green tea and is generally responsible for keeping the mind calm and relaxed. It also reduces the jitters that are produced when your brain is high on steroids (not literally). Since most nootropic drugs face the issue of heightened brain activity even when they want to relax, the presence of l-theanine is quite helpful.
What are the benefits?
The all-natural ingredients are known nootropic supplements and have more or less the same befits as expected from them. Some of them are:
- The natural ingredients have minimal or no side-effects.
- Red blood cell growth is boosted due to Vitamin B12.
- Energy levels in the body are boosted.
- Focus and alertness is increased significantly.
- Brain memory is sharpened.
- Impacts are instantaneous and are visible in your performance.
- Overall brain health and mental wellness are improved significantly.
It must be mentioned that these benefits were reported by a particular portion of consumers and not all of them. It is quite possible that these consumers are fans of Alex Jones and might be biased in their reviews.
What are the drawbacks?
As far as side-effects go, Brain Force have a very few of them (which is uncommon in nootropic drugs). People who have a low tolerance to caffeine might face overstimulation due to yerba mate leaf extract, which mimics the effects of caffeine. Apart from that, Brain Force seems to be a very safe product.
However, that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have any drawback. The ingredients, despite appearing nice, fail to deliver due to following reasons:
- L-theanine, in spite of having promising effects, has only 50mg of it in the product. This is about half of what is required for the benefits it promises, and thus, unlikely to have any impact on the brain.
- Phosphatidylserine in Brain Force is a soy-derivative. There are ongoing debates about the potentially harmful effects of soy, and many people are allergic to soy products. Those negative effects could be carried forward in Brain Force due to using a soy-derivative compound.
- Only 150mg of Yerba mate leaf powder is present in Brain Force, as opposed to the 1000mg that is required to have any effective caffeine-like impact. Thus, it is safe to assume that no caffeine-stimulation would be noticed by people who are habitual to high amounts of daily coffee.
- The choline derived from Alpha GPC is not as effective as the one derived from citicoline. Thus, the full potential benefits of choline might not be achieved.
- A combination of Vitamin B6 and B12 is not as effective as that of Vitamin B6, B12 and B9.
Apart from that, following drawbacks were found from a consumer point-of-view:
- The product can only be bought online.
- There is no money-back guarantee from the company, so you have no scope of getting refunds.
Brain Force appears to be a good product, but it is simply not the best. Despite being priced around the same range as similar nootropic supplements, it does not perform nearly as well. The only redeeming quality of Brain Force is it being all-natural, which might appeal to some people. More others would buy it simply because it is manufactured by Infowars, which has quite a fan following. But a majority of users, who focus on the product and not the brand, will not find it appealing. The ingredients, despite being good, are severely under-dosed. Put simply, they don’t have the necessary quantity to give the results they promise. And it is not the case with just one or two ingredients, but a majority of them. It is safe to assume that Brain Force will not have the desired effect on people who actually need nootropic supplements to stay focused on work.
Bottomline: Don’t go for it. There are better products in the market in the same price range that have much better results.
Dana Wash is our expert in the field of fat burners and weight loss supplements. She graduated from the George Mason University with a Master’s degree in Human Nutrition. Her knowledge and research skills help us in separating useful weight loss supplements from other overhyped products.