What is Plexus Slim?
Plexus Slim is a dietary supplement plan made by Plexus Worldwide using an all-natural formula. According to Plexus Worldwide, using this package alongside workouts and a healthy diet should have you losing weight within a few days. Plexus Slim comes with three products, ProBio5, Plexus Slim and the BioCleanse which are supposed to be used together for maximum benefits.
Plexus Slim promises to also tackle constipation and other digestion issues and to improve one’s immune system. The manufacturer goes further to say that Plexus Slim will suppress appetite, lower blood sugar, cholesterol and lipids in the body for a more significant impact. All of this is supposed to be achieved without the users losing any muscles.
As you can see, therefore, Plexus Slim has some bold claims and we wish they lived up to these standards but unfortunately, we can’t say they have done it 100%. Yes, some users are testifying to its effectiveness but the number of users disappointed online is too big to be ignored.
Where does Plexus Slim fit in?
Being overweight is a condition that affects more than two billion people worldwide. It is usually caused by consuming more calories than burned by the body in course of time. there are various factors that lead to being overweight which include diet, alcoholism, varying metabolism levels, and disorders. Losing weight is a tricky business. It usually requires a combination of measures like exercise and diet changes.
It is here that Plexus Slim fits in. It is a weight-loss supplement that comes in powdered form and is colloquially called the pink drink due to its color. It is a dissolvable powder that is easy to mix and can be dissolved even in cold water. It is made of all natural ingredients and helps in reducing appetite and cravings. It also leaves you feeling full, lowering your blood sugar, cholesterol, and lipids. As a result, you end up eating much less. It also causes fat burn and not muscle loss, thus being better for athletes.
Obesity and overweight are a menace all over the world. This has become a public health hazard and the pharmaceutical industry is taking full advantage of the situation producing supplements of all kinds to solve the issue. The thing, however, is that majority of these supplements are never effective. In the few supplements that actually work we found out that most of them only tackle one issue related to excessive weight and as a result, attaining wholesome results becomes a major challenge.
Obesity or overweight can be due to multiple reasons. For you to achieve the sort of results you are looking for, you need a supplement that can tackle the underlying cause. Most of the supplements in the market only focus in one or two causes leaving the others unsolved and that is why they barely deliver any results. Overweight could be due to overeating or excessive consumption of sugars. If these are the causes of your overweight issues then consuming a supplement that focuses on appetite suppression could be an ideal option. If however, you consume such a product while the cause is slow digestion then you’ll never see the results you are looking for.
Plexus Slim is marketed as the game changer in the weight loss industry that provides the most natural solution to excessive weight. The manufacturer claims to have finally gotten the right formula that will put to an end your overweight issues regardless of the cause. How true are these claims? Does it actually help or is it yet another scam? Well, let’s find out.
What is Plexus Slim made of?
Plexus Slim boasts being an all-natural supplement. The ingredients used in it have a wide variety of positive effects, and the expectation is that the combination of them all will help you to lose weight in a healthy manner. The ingredients used are:
Plexus Slim Ingredients
- Green Coffee bean Extract
Green Coffee bean extracts are said to contain chlorogenic acid that should help with increasing metabolism in the body for faster weight loss. There is, however, very little information and clinical trials proving how exactly these extracts are helpful in weight loss. In fact, the FTA and FDA have been targeting companies that attach weight loss benefits to this compound. With the lack of reliable trials surrounding this ingredient, we don’t just know whether it’s beneficial or not but we also have no clue on what kind of negative reactions it can have on your body.
This ingredient is made naturally in our bodies and is supposed to promote metabolizing energy. We can also get it in low quantities from some fruits, veggies, and meat. It is believed that it can help with increasing the breakdown of fats and providing the body with more energy for rigorous exercises but there aren’t many studies done on it. A report from examine.com also claims that excessive or prolonged usage of Alpha Lipoic Acid can lead to accumulation of toxins in the liver as was seen in a study involving mice. It was also established that the acid can lower blood sugar levels and thus individuals with diabetes should be careful using it and the supplement in general.
This is like a glucose extract and was probably included to function as a laxative. It may help with promoting the flow of food in the GI but it can also cause uncomfortable flatulence.
This is an alternative sweetener that is used to support gut bacteria. This way it boosts the breakdown of food thus preventing over absorption of e.g. carbs which then end up as adipose. Unlike typical sugar, this ingredient delivers the results without causing tooth decay or interfering with blood sugar levels.
This extract is said to be useful in reducing the digestion of sugars. When this rate goes down, you won’t be absorbing excess sugars into your system and hence this can help in keeping weight at bay.
Mulberry Fruit Extract is believed to be safe for consumption but Web MD notes that the limited number of clinical trials surrounding it is a major drawback in trying to identify the full extent of its benefits.
Cellulose Gum can be extracted from the walls of various herbs and contains insoluble fibers. The idea behind cellulose gum is to keep your stomach full creating a sense that you don’t need to eat anymore. This, therefore, reduces the amount of food you consume without starving you.
Too much cellulose gum is however harmful and can cause nausea, inflammation and stomach discomforts.
How to get the best results from Plexus Slim
Plexus Slim is available in powdered form like most other supplements in single serve packets. For best results drink it one to two times a day. One single packet of Plexus Slim should be mixed with twelve to twenty ounces of water, and shaken well before consuming. Consumption should take place thirty to sixty minutes before having a meal. The idea is that as the effects of Plexus Slim come into effect you will consume less food while having a meal, thus combing the bests of both worlds so to say.
However it should be noted that the consumption of Plexus Slim causes certain side effects, dehydration being the primary amongst them. It is recommended to drink six to eight glasses of water in a day to counter the effects of Plexus Slim. This is a shade more than all other supplements on the market. However, the easy nature of preparing the drink means that you can use it in your office, gym, or any other place with minimum hassle.
Benefits of Plexus Slim
Plexus Slim has some very clear benefits thanks to the variety of all natural ingredients that it uses. The sum total of these effects helps in the claimed weight-loss.
- Vetoed ingredients – One of the biggest benefits of Plexus Slim is that there are no nasty surprises when it comes to the ingredients. All the ingredients and chemicals are declared and nothing is hidden from you. This helps you to take an informed decision.
- Probiotic activity – Plexus Slim has some major probiotic advantages. It helps to regulate digestion by regulating your gut bacteria. It has been observed to increase Lactobacillus by 365 times, Bifidobacterium by 290 times, and Akkermansia by 257 times. All of the aforementioned bacteria are used by the body in order to regulate digestion.
- Nothing artificial about it – Plexus slim does not have any artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors. While these are mostly harmless, to begin with, the cutting down of such additives gives weight to their all-natural claim.
- Healthy composition – Plexus Slim has only five calories in a packet. It is also gluten-free, 100% vegetarian, and non-GMO. Thus it can be used by vegans and people with gluten allergies without much issue.
Drawbacks of Plexus Slim
For all the benefits of Plexus Slim, there are some clear-cut drawbacks that you must consider before buying the all-natural supplement.
- High price tag – The first and foremost drawback is the high price of the supplement. There are a lot of other all natural supplements available in the market, and Plexus Slim without a doubt falls into the premium category of it.
- No third party verification – Plexus Slim as a whole is not backed by third-party verification. A lot of ingredients in it make the claims that they help with weight loss, and metabolism regulation, but not all have been through conclusive studies to prove the claims.
- Industry-funded positive research – Some of the ingredients like GCE which have studies backing their claims have dubious funding. The research has been funded by companies that would benefit from the sale of GCE. Now while this doesn’t automatically mean that the studies are tampered with, it does mean that they should be taken with a pinch of salt.
- Ambassador approach – Plexus Slim has, in recent times, seen a lot of good publicity through the social media and word of mouth. Now while this may lead you to believe that Plexus Slim is working for a wide variety of people that is not really the case. Most of the advocates of Plexus Slim are people who are ambassadors of the supplement. Thus they directly benefit from the sales of Plexus Slim. As a result, not all testimonials can be taken at face value.
- The Dr. Oz factor – Dr. Oz, a famous celebrity doctor from the USA was recently seen endorsing Garcinia Cambogia, one of the components in Plexus Slim. Now while Dr. Oz holds an MD, we cannot deny the fact that his endorsements don’t hold any value as they are usually pseudoscientific in nature, and are widely criticized by the scientific community. Thus his validation does not hold any merit.
Using stimulants such as green coffee bean extracts had to, of course, result in side effects such as:
- Mood swings
- Irregular heartbeats
- Cardiovascular problems
- High blood pressure
Other reported adverse reactions include:
- Frequent urination
Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should stay away from Plexus Slim.
Using Plexus Slim
One of the products in the Plexus Slim plan is a powder which needs to be mixed with water making a pink solution. This should be taken in the morning. The other set includes pills that should be taken with either lunch or dinner. Both of these should be taken daily.
Further directions on how to best use the supplement are included in the packaging.
Where Can I buy Plexus Slim?
Plexus Slim is quite a costly supplement. A 30-day supply will cost you approximately $84.95 and consider there are only 4 active ingredients it goes without saying that Plexus Slim is definitely one of the most expensive weight loss supplements in the market. This is also perhaps why there are so many disappointed users online that have spent a huge chunk of money without noticing any significant results.
The final verdict is to avoid Plexus Slim. Everything that Plexus Slim claims to offer can be easily acquired by following the hallmarks of a healthy lifestyle like intermittent fasting, balanced diet, and eating lower quantities but with higher frequency. Also, the lack of solid scientific evidence does no favors to the case of Plexus Slim. In case you feel the need to opt for a supplement there are those that are far better than Plexus Slim available in the market. Just because a supplement is all natural does not mean that you should opt for it.
The inconsistency surrounding this product is too massive. The split between satisfied and disgruntled users doesn’t make it the most recommendable weight loss supplement around. Its price tag is also just insane. If you are going to spend in excess of $80 on a supplement you honestly shouldn’t be getting a product with a 50-50 chance of working. You deserve so much better and there are more proven supplements that can safely help you lose weight. Plexus Slim is hence not an outright scam but it is also not as effective and beneficial as we are made to believe.
“I decided to try the product for weight loss & it was a total waste of my money. I am a healthy eater & exercise regularly. I followed the directions precisely & did not lose a single pound with this product. Very disappointed.” By The Wise Acres
“I’m taking it as recommended, but there has been no change in my weight, while others have been noted to have lost up to eleven pounds, I still am the same weight. I will keep using the product until it is gone, but don’t see buying any more.” By Pamalarosalfrien
“I have not been taking it long enough to say.” By Lileng
“I was not crazy about the taste of the SLIM & it doesn’t resolve (melt) well in the water bottle. The ProBio5 & BioCleanse are great products. A bit expensive.” By Marshabcat