Choosing the Best Testosterone Booster
Health supplements, performance enhancers, and other products that are generally meant to help boost wellness in all areas of life are extremely popular and there’s also a massive industry to go along with this popularity. This means for every real product that might work efficiently, there are at least three others that are total scams.
Towards the tail end of most men’s twenties and after the age of thirty a slow but steady decline in testosterone starts affecting various parts of life including the loss of muscle mass, energy and libido among others. Taking a natural testosterone booster is a safe way to include a health supplement that can provide all the benefits of adequate testosterone production like more energy, higher libido, reduced recovery times, better musculature and better cognitive function.
We’ve put together the details of 3 very popular natural testosterone boosters that make the standard claims for boosting testosterone and providing many of the related benefits so that you can find a product that works based on your needs.
The Testosterone Boosters – What are Prime Male, TestoGen & TestoFuel?
Testosterone is the essential male hormone that is responsible for a lot in terms of general wellness for men. Having too much or too little of it can lead to problems, but for most men, the issue is usually with a deficiency. This deficiency occurs fairly commonly in older men who start noticing weight gain, lack of libido and generally having lost a lot of their strength and energy from youth. The main culprit? Decreasing testosterone levels.
There are several solutions to help resolve the problem. Natural foods, health supplements and hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to name the more popular options. It’s difficult to get prescribed HRT and eat enough natural testosterone boosting food to make a real difference which is why natural dietary supplements are so popular. They are safe, easy to find and if you choose the right product – they are very effective as well.
In this guide, we’re going to look at three popular and well-known testosterone boosters that have made their mark in the testosterone boosting supplement market. These are – Prime Male, TestoGen and TestoFuel. We’re going to take a closer look at what makes them work and compare any differences so that you can choose the right T-booster for you.
Prime Male is a 100% natural supplement that consists of a blend of 12 proven ingredients. This product is unique because it does encourage the body to make more testosterone but it also encourages the body to avoid breaking down testosterone.
Ingredients and Benefits
The list of ingredients in Prime Male is fairly short and the website is very informative on their purpose in the supplement –
- D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) – An essential amino acid that boosts testosterone levels and shows proven difference in musculature, strength, energy and recovery time
- BioPerine – Extracted from black pepper, this ingredient helps improve absorption of nutrients.
- Boron – This essential mineral helps maintain hormonal balance as well as improve bone strength and reduce inflammation.
- Korean Red Ginseng – This popular ingredient in male supplements is helpful in raising testosterone levels, increasing muscle mass and energy as well.
- Luteolin – This ingredient helps to reduce the effects of aromatization which is when testosterone converts to estrogen. This is the leading cause of noticeable changes as men get older.
- Magnesium – A vital mineral which can cause lethargy when the body becomes deficient.
- Mucuna Pruriens – This ingredient helps balance hormones and increase free testosterone in the bloodstream. It also helps balance moods and increases production of Human Growth Hormone which in turn can lead to muscle growth, strong bones and anti-aging effects.
- Nettle Root – This botanical reduces estrogen levels and increases testosterone production.
- Vitamin B6 – B vitamins are vital to a proper regulated function of the body. B6 helps increase absorption of vital minerals in the body as well as helps the body increase testosterone production
- Vitamin D3 – The Sun vitamin is extremely important in regulating hormones as well as keeping depression and the like at bay.
- Vitamin K2 – Vitamin K2 works in tandem with D3 to help make vitamin D3 more efficient.
- Zinc – This ingredient stimulates the production of testosterone. It’s a proven ingredient that has been used by many athletes.
Prime Male offers many benefits when you take the supplement on a regular basis as advised, which is 4 times per day with a meal or snack.
- Increase in strength
- More energy
- Weight loss
- Stronger Bones
- Improved moods
- Increased libido
- Reduced blood pressure
- Better heart health
- Improved cognitive function
What we love
There are some wonderful things about Prime Male that make it a great health supplement. It includes BioPerine as an ingredient which is amazing because this ingredient ensures that all the other ingredients are absorbed properly into the body. Many times, the product might have the right ingredients but the nature of ingredients may not allow for proper absorption if there is no supporting ingredient to help absorb the nutrients.
Another good thing is, they have used different versions of some ingredients so that it is easy for the body to process and absorb.
One of the most refreshing and rare things to see with such supplements is that they more often than not have proprietary blends. We love that Prime Male discloses exactly how much of each ingredient is in the capsules. Full disclosure so you know exactly how much you’re getting is so important when it comes to health supplements.
The ingredients are proven and it’s obvious that the makers of Prime Male have put in some serious consideration to create a blend that WILL help.
Things to watch out for
There aren’t many things to be wary of here. The main cause of concern perhaps would be the fact that you have to remember to take this capsule 4 times a day, every day. A bottle is 120 capsules for 30 days and it is recommended that you take 4 capsules with meals or snacks on a regular basis to achieve results. It’s easy to forget a pill here and there which may cause you to find that the product doesn’t work so well for you.
Priced at nearly $70, Prime Male is not a cheap product – but it might be worth it if it really works. A working testosterone booster that’s natural and safe from side effects is well worth the investment.
Although this is a promising product, you cannot expect it to work alone. It’s important to remember that all health supplements are supplements to diet and exercise. This means to really see effects, regular use of the product along with a balanced diet and some exercise is necessary.
One in many testosterone boosters, this is another promising product which includes some fantastic powerhouse ingredients to help increase testosterone in the body. TestoGen uses natural ingredients to safely help increase testosterone.
Ingredients and Benefits
TestoGen has some great ingredients, the list isn’t too long, which is a good thing –
- D-Aspartic Acid – This amino acid helps boost testosterone
- Ginseng Extract – Provides energy and increases muscle mass through boosting of testosterone levels
- Tribulus Terrestris – This natural herb is known for helping to increase fertility as well as libido
- Fenugreek – Helpful in increasing testosterone, Fenugreek also helps to maintain and regular testosterone
- Vitamin D – This ingredient is helpful in increasing testosterone as well as suppressing estrogen
- Zinc – Vital for the immune system and balancing hormones, Zinc also works as an aphrodisiac.
- Vitamin B – There are three types of vitamin B in this product – B6, B5 & B2. They help improve metabolism, mood and support liver function.
Benefits of TestoGen include
- Increase in strength and stamina
- Improved focus and cognitive function
- Weight loss
- More energy
- Increase in libido
What we love
There are some well-proven ingredients in the mix here and that’s always good news. They also do not have a proprietary blend – you know exactly what you’re getting and how much of it so you can be well informed of just how effective the ingredients are.
We like that it is reasonably priced at $60, especially when purchased directly from the website. A bottle comes with 120 capsules for a one month supply.
Looking at the list of ingredients and their dosage it’s easy to tell that some amount of thought went into designing this product to work on every level to provide a well-rounded sense of wellness both mentally and physically.
Things to watch out for
Like Prime Male, this product is also required to be taken 4 times a day with a snack or a meal which makes it a tiny bit inconvenient.
Another thing that bothers us, is that amidst all these ingredients that are proven to work, there is one ingredient that isn’t. Tribulus Terrestris is an ingredient that only has a strong reputation but not much backbone to help it stand when you start wondering how exactly it works.
It’s important to remember that while this product has strong chances of being very effective, it’s important to keep an eye on diet and get regular exercise to see real benefits.
This product has been around for some time and is perhaps one of the most well-known and used T-boosters out there on the market. This market-leading product now has some serious competition with the other two products on this list.
Fully natural and packed with proven ingredients, TestoFuel enjoys a great reputation in the market, let’s take a closer look to see if it is deserved.
Ingredients and Benefits
Many testosterone boosters don’t always use scientifically proven ingredients, this means ineffective products. The list of ingredients in TestoFuel is fairly brief and they’re all proven to work.
- Oyster Extract – This ingredient is really a super-efficient source of zinc which stimulates the production of testosterone and also works as an aphrodisiac. The oyster extract also contains trace elements and minerals like Omega fatty acids, manganese, various amino acids and copper to name a few
- Vitamin D – A deficiency in this vitamin can mean low testosterone as well as low moods.
- D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) – Fertility, male hormones are all regulated by the help of this amino acid.
- Fenugreek – This ingredient is proven in regulating hormone levels as well as boosting the libido
- Ginseng – This ingredient is a well-known energy booster that also increases testosterone.
- Magnesium – This is a vital mineral for healthy body function. In the case of testosterone boosting, this ingredient keeps energy levels up.
- Vitamin B6 – This particular B vitamin helps suppress estrogen production while increasing testosterone production.
- Vitamin K2 – this ingredient works with B6 to help maintain testosterone levels without breaking them down.
What we Love
The ingredient list seems to be built so that the main function of this product is to encourage testosterone production and also use that testosterone in a more efficient manner. The key problem as men get older is that they produce lower amounts of testosterone, as well as a fair amount of the testosterone, becomes aromatized.
Aromatization is when unused testosterone gets converted to estrogen. Hormonal imbalances happen that cause side effects of low testosterone.
We also love that like the other two products, this one also does not have a proprietary blend and you know exactly what and how much you’re getting with every capsule.
Another thing we love is the inclusion of Oyster Extract. It’s full of so many nutrients and makes a wonderful addition to TestoFuel
Things to watch out for
Priced at $65 this product is a slightly on the pricey side, but if you buy in bulk there are offers. Another thing is that you have to buy the product from the website directly to ensure you’re receiving an authentic product – because of its reputation, there are a lot of fakes and trick supplements.
Like Prime Male and TestoGen, TestoFuel must be taken 4 capsules per day with meals or snacks. This can prove to be inconvenient if you have a hard time remembering to take pills.
Comparing Prime Male, TestoGen and TestoFuel
|Price (one month supply)||$69||$59||$65|
|Recommended Dosage||4 times a day with meal or snack||4 times a day with a meal or snack||4 times a day with meal or snack|
|Unique Ingredient||BioPerine (for increased absorption)||Tribulus Terrestris (For increased libido)||Oyster Extract (For zinc and other elements, minerals, and vitamins)|
In terms of what they have in common, there are quite a few ingredients that all three products share. Vitamin D, Vitamin B, Zinc, D-Aspartic Acid, and Ginseng are the common ingredients in all three. They are some of the best ingredients to include in a testosterone booster like these and if you’re choosing based on some of these ingredients alone, then you can pick any blindfolded.
If you’re looking to see what’s different and adds to this, there are some ingredients that are shared by at least 2 of the products like magnesium, Fenugreek and vitamin K2. The main point of comparison comes in what ingredient is unique to each of these products?
Prime Male – BioPerine is extracted from black pepper and its goal in the supplement is simple and quite clever. It aids absorption. Proper absorption of all the nutrients you take in from health supplements is usually not something that happens efficiently if the nutrient exceeds require dosage or is in a form that is not easily absorbed. Including an ingredient like BioPerine helps reassure that every bit of the Prime Male supplement will be efficiently absorbed by the body.
TestoGen – Tribulus Terrestris is an ingredient that has been getting by on reputation alone. While it is clinically proven, there’s not much evidence of how it works in the human body. This is worrying because while it’s not unsafe, it does seem out of place in a testosterone booster that has so many great ingredients. Honestly, when you have so many great proven ingredients, why add an ingredient that hasn’t been clinically proven in humans?
TestoFuel – Oyster Extract is an amazing ingredient that could easily stand as a health supplement all by itself. It is a prime source of zinc as well as trace elements, minerals, and vitamins that help contribute to regulating healthy body function. In combination with all the other ingredients in TestoFuel, oyster extract goes above and beyond in providing all-around mental and physical wellness.
As far as prices are concerned there appears to be no more than a 5 dollar difference between the products but the good news is that there is a money back guarantee on all three testosterone boosters. If you aren’t satisfied with the product within 90 days, you can get your money back.
It is recommended to take the supplements for at least 2 months to start noticing benefits. We like a good money back guarantee when it’s combined with a really good product because it shows confidence in the efficiency of the product. Most other health supplements offer 60 days or less if that.
In the end, there’s really not a lot that separates Prime Male, TestoFuel and TestoGen but if we had to pick a winner, it would have to be Prime Male, simply because of the BioPerine. It’s a little more expensive than the other two, but you can be assured none of the ingredients are going to waste.
A close second would have to TestoFuel – it has been a market leader for good reason and maybe someday, if they add BioPerine to their list of stellar ingredients, they might have the perfect natural male testosterone booster on their hands.
The only reason TestoGen comes in third is that it includes an ingredient that isn’t altogether proven for human benefit. A strong reputation alone is not enough.
Hopefully, you now know exactly what product fits your needs best. Remember to check with a doctor before you start taking the pills to avoid interactions with other medications and also to avoid allergic reactions.