What is Osteobiflex?
Joint problems and issues like arthritis are generally more likely to affect older people to be sure, but they also can be a huge pain for athletes, bodybuilders and pretty much anyone with a vigorous exercise regimen. This latter type of joint pain can be easily avoidable but for those who don’t know the ABCs of maintaining joint health when working out rigorously often find themselves long for supplements to add to the mix to help with the problem. For older people, the problem is usually just a matter of time because of the natural wear and tear of the cartilage that protects those joints and the natural lubricants and protective membranes your body provides for smooth joint function.
There are medicines, topical ointments, supplements and a whole variety of solutions available to help. Osteobiflex is one such extremely popular brand that caters to and helps provide better joint health no matter why you might have it. Here we take a closer look to see if it really is a viable option for you.
How Does it Work?
Osteobiflex is a brand of products that cater specifically to joint health. There are a variety of supplements, powdered drink mix and topical creams that are designed to help alleviate common joint problems and make movement easier.
There are about 9 products that are available under the brand, and the information and additional details can all easily be found on their website. Osteobiflex claims to work in as little as a week and one of their products is a starter pack for 7 days so you can try and see the benefits yourself.
The different formulas work in different ways and one can easily find a product that supplements based on their joint health needs. The formulas are carefully designed and put together by using derivatives from natural ingredients. They work together to help the body produce more of the natural lubricant or supplement the same that the body needs so that joint move smoothly without any problems or pain.
Who Makes Osteobiflex?
Rexall Sundown is the company behind the Osteobiflex brand. Rexall Sundown is also the company behind Sundown Naturals which is a popular brand for various natural dietary supplements. Osteo Bi-Flex is part of the Rexall Sundown family.
The Osteobiflex company that produces the brand’s products has a cGMP which means it follows Good Manufacturing Practices and provides products that are produced in a safe environment as well as strict quality control to ensure consistently safe products of good quality.
Ingredients in Osteobiflex
The ingredients vary from product to product in the Osteobiflex range but some are common and here we’ll talk about the active and most common ingredients that you can find across the product range.
- Glucosamine – This compound is naturally made in our bodies as a part of the cartilage that helps cushion joints and protects them from friction. Over time or with intense workouts on a regular basis, the levels of glucosamine start to drop in the body and this causes the cartilage to thin out. This is the most common reason behind joint problems. Supplementing Glucosamine can help promote healthy joints. It is derived from shellfish for use in supplements.
- Boron – This mineral can be found in a few foods but taken as supplements it tends to have a better effect. It helps build strong bones and is very commonly used to treat osteoarthritis. It also helps improve mental clarity and focus and can elevate the mood. Boron deficiencies can cause arthritis, so making sure the body has enough Boron can be the key to promoting good joint health.
- MSM – The full form that no one EVER uses for this chemical that is naturally produced in your body is Methylsulfonylmethane. MSM is essentially a sulfur that apart from being produced in the body also occurs naturally in a lot of fruit, vegetables, and grains albeit in smaller amounts. This chemical is important in maintaining healthy connective tissue. Cartilage is composed of one-third MSM, which should indicate its importance in joint health. Taking it as a supplement is a popular form of supporting joint health and good mobility.
- Collagen – Collagen has received a lot of attention in beauty and skin care ever since it was used to help treat burn victims to encourage the growth of new healthy skin. In skin care, it’s used to keep the skin looking young and fresh, but collagen is so much more than that. In Osteobiflex, it is used for its undeniable benefit to connective tissue. It is an integral component of articular cartilage. As we age, we produce less collagen which can be visible in the form of wrinkles and other physical signs of aging, but the reduced production of collagen also affects joint health. Supplementing collagen promotes joint health and can be especially beneficial for encouraging a full range of motion in the knee. Collagen is derived from animals.
- Boswellia Serrata – This ayurvedic ingredient is extracted from the sap of the tree. It has proven anti-inflammatory properties that are particularly useful in helping arthritis. It decreases swelling and pain in the joints and is a very popular supplement for people who suffer from joint problems.
- Hyaluronic Acid – This is another ingredient that has received a lot of attention for its use in skin care to help fight the effects of aging. Hyaluronic acid is amazing for more than just its skin-deep benefits, it’s a naturally occurring compound in the body and helps keep moisture and repair tissue among other things. It also helps fight joint pain.
From this list above, it’s obvious that all the active ingredients are naturally derived although, many of the main ingredients are animal derivatives.
There are several things that are pretty good about the Osteobiflex brand and range of products. The most important being that it uses some well proven and widely used ingredients that do what they say, which means this is a popular product for good reason.
It can also be used to successfully treat muscle pain in those that face musculoskeletal problems as a result of intense regular workouts. These problems can be avoided with some basic precautions, but it is easy to get carried away when you’re rushing to meet your goals as soon as possible. This is where supplements like Osteobiflex can come in handy.
There are some real benefits to joint and muscle pain as well as improving and maintaining joint health. There are many good user reviews regarding this brands range of products so the fact that it actually could work for you is a huge benefit in its corner.
There are 9 products to choose from, which makes it easy to find a product that works for you from a trusted brand like Osteo Bi-Flex.
There are many different ways to buy Osteobiflex – you can order it online, or find a store near you that sells it over the counter.
It mostly uses natural ingredients and compounds that your body already makes to help improve and maintain good joint health.
There are 9 different products to choose from, we’ve listed them below with a brief description so you can easily zero in on a product that might work for you. Under the Osteobiflex brand, you can find the following products
- Ease – With complaints that the most popular product of the range is difficult to swallow, Osteobiflex designed Ease, which is a smaller version and easier to swallow because it comes with a mini tab.
- Ease 7 Day Starter Pack – This is the same as Ease, but the cool thing about this product is that it is a starter pack that allows you to test Osteo Bi-Flex’s claim that it works in 7 days.
- One Per Day – This is one of the prominent and more common products of the range.
- Joint & Muscle – This product is designed to help support muscle recovery and maintain joint health. It is specially designed for people who are looking to supplement naturally to keep joint troubles at bay. Specifically, people who have intense regular workouts
- Pain Relieving Cream – This is a topical cream that is designed for fast-acting immediate relief. It is effective for people who are extremely active and are looking for immediate relief. The formula is an extra strength.
- Triple Strength – This product has several versions, this one being the original. It is a good option for those who are looking for an effective fast acting solution for joint problems that are really bothersome.
- Triple Strength + Turmeric – Turmeric is all the rage as a supplement for its vast range of benefits. This product combines the triple strength formula along with turmeric to help increase the benefits of the product.
- Triple Strength MSM – This product includes MSM as another active ingredient to give it an extra edge in supporting joint health.
- Triple Strength with Vitamin D – while other products in the lineup also have Vitamin D added to them, this one includes a triple strength formula and Vitamin D to help make the bones strong in addition to maintaining joint health.
Things to Watch Out For
The more effective versions of Osteobiflex have been reviewed as difficult to swallow. “Ease” does help to some extent but may not deliver the strength of some of the other products.
Most of the products except Ease and the topical ointment contain shellfish derived Glucosamine, this means those with shellfish allergies should be aware. Other allergens should be taken into consideration before you consider this product.
If you are vegetarian or vegan, this product might not be suitable for you. This does limit your options but there are other products that might suit your dietary lifestyle better.
There are potential, but minor side effects that have been reported, including stomachache, nausea, and diarrhea. This combined with its potential to cause an allergic reaction in people who have allergies to shellfish. Those with kidney problems should also avoid Osteobiflex.
It is somewhat on the expensive side and there are many products that use similar ingredients that are cheaper. It doesn’t hurt, however, to make an investment in this product because you have the choice to start with a starter pack to see if it works for you.
This is a product that works and because its active ingredients are all natural, the results could vary from person to person. So the starter pack is probably a good idea.
It’s also highly recommended that you do not view this as medication for joint problems. It is a supplement and it’s always a good idea to consult your doctor before choosing the right one for you.
Sol Ruiz heads our Research Digest department. He graduated from the New York University where he obtained his Master’s Degree in Public Health.