What is Penetrex?
Are you rankled by musculoskeletal pain? It could be debilitating at some point or just another “Oh it swelled up one time, but it does not bother me anymore” episode. Either way, you should not disregard it. Muscles and bones bear the entire weight of your body, hence it is more prone to injuries and pain.
Common musculoskeletal pain symptoms may vary from occasional aches to severe pain and these would include:
- Burning pain while walking, jogging, and running
- Numbness or tingling sensation
- Cannot bear weight or instability
Make sure to visit your doctor if any of these symptoms occur in repetition over time. This could cause a tissue breakdown. Have yourself assessed immediately to avoid limitations on your daily or even in sports performances and for proper treatment.
When managing musculoskeletal pain, consider getting the safest treatment options like Penetrex and preventive measures. Both can help ease your pain.
Musculoskeletal pain is being treated with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), corticosteroids, analgesics, and other OTC pain relievers. These are prescription drugs and would require a request to purchase from a licensed doctor. You must watch over the dose carefully to avoid side effects and complications.
Little do people know that pain can likewise be relieved fast and effectively topically, avoiding the many side effects associated with NSAIDs. This also brings comfort to those who cannot tolerate oral medications due to other medical conditions concerning the gastrointestinal tract.
Penetrex is one of the most popular and best selling topical products meant to treat inflammation of muscles, nerves, ligaments, and tendons. It is generally safe as all of its ingredients are natural.
Arnica is a botanical known for centuries, especially in Europe because of its active components, sesquiterpene lactones. They have anti-inflammatory properties and can effectively reduce pain. Its worth in the pharmaceutical and medical field has already been established as there are already more than 100 drug products made from this plant. Aside from pain relief, it also enhances blood circulation because of its thymol, inulin, flavonoids, tannins, and carotenoids contents. Arnica is one of the main ingredients of Penetrex. The drug, through Arnica, stimulates white blood cells, which removes trapped fluids in bruised tissues, muscles, and joints.
Penetrex also has Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine, which helps keep a balance between sodium and potassium for fluid regulation and normal functioning of the nerves. Lack of Vitamin B6 has long been associated with musculoskeletal symptoms like shoulder and leg pain, swollen hands, “tennis elbow,” all forms of arthritis, and even carpal tunnel syndrome.
Another secret ingredient of Penetrex is MSM. This is a new Sulfur dietary supplement that is present in living tissues. MSM is found effective in relieving pain as it supports healthy connective tissues like muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
Nearly half of the total body sulfur is concentrated in the skin, muscles, and bones. One of the most significant uses of MSM as a supplement is its ability to relieve pain and inflammation.
MSM also helps in restoring the flexibility and permeability of the individual cell walls, hence fluids can pass through the tissues ready. This helps equalize pressure and remove the cause of pain.
How Penetrex can be helpful
Penetrex can be helpful in several conditions. The most common ones are:
- Sprains, Strains, and Fractures. These are the most commonly reported cause of musculoskeletal pain. These could happen if one suddenly change his or her position or when moving very fast. Accidents can likewise be a culprit. Falling or colliding with another individual or object can injure your bone. Sportsmen are more prone to this condition too.
- Rupture of the Achilles Tendon. A damage in the Achilles tendon due to stressful activities can cause severe pain in the ankle. There is also the inability to move the toes and walk.
- A breakdown in the cartilage can cause pain in the bones including the ankle. There will be no cushion that will prevent bones from rubbing against one another. Many patients with osteoarthritis have found great relief by applying Penetrex 1-2 times daily.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis. This chronic inflammatory and autoimmune disease of the joints commonly affects the ankle too. The immune system attacks the synovium, which acts as protective membrane lining the joints. This causes severe inflammation and pain.
- An increased uric acid level in the body will cause a deposition of crystals in the joint. This is very painful.
- Bacterial joint inflammation is a serious condition and causes severe pain in the joint. This is often referred to as septic arthritis. Bacteria gets into the joint and causes severe cartilage destruction and bone damage. If not treated, it can lead to septic shock.
Aside from applying Penetrex, you may also consider the following treatment options as supportive therapies:
- RICE Method. If the pain is due to an injury, provide first aid to control the swelling and pain. Rest. Put Ice for about 20 minutes and repeat 3 times daily. Compress, but not too tight, by putting on an elastic bandage. Elevate above the heart level.
- Crutches and walkers are very helpful for mobility.
- Exercises facilitated by a physical therapist can help restore the bone’s strength and flexibility.
In severe cases, surgery becomes the sole option. This is for reconstruction of damaged ligaments and fractured bones.
The following are known preventive measures that work on musculoskeletal pain and injury:
- Watch your step closely when walking, particularly on uneven surfaces
- Warm up before doing any strenuous exercises of sports
- Avoid using high heeled shoes
- Do regular exercises and stretching
- Watch your weight
- Eat a balanced diet
Nutritional alteration such as a change in diet, together with extra consumption of supplements, can help in alleviating the symptoms linked with musculoskeletal problems.
The limitation is the key such as alcohol, stimulants, and caffeine; it is also advised to stop smoking. Allergens which can be found in dairy, corn, wheat, shellfish, nuts, eggs, and food seasonings must be eliminated. Also, refraining from refined foods like pasta and white bread, and high-level sugar foods like soft drinks, pastries, donuts, and candy.
Apart from limitations and eliminations, exercise is also a must for individuals having musculoskeletal problems. Patients who exercise regularly are proven to perform better and show fewer signs and premature progression of the disease said the healthcare professionals. Physical and mental exercise on a daily basis helped the persons suffering from the condition.
- Exercising regularly has been a great help for the patients to alleviate the strain on their musculoskeletal system and help them monitor their weight as well. Exercising doesn’t always need to be extreme, they need to level the type of activities with their endurance and strength. Activities like walking dancing, sports activities, and gardening are advised for people having the said problem. It is a must to remember that exercising is not solely for burning calories because it is considered unhealthy by the experts to exercise to the extent of discomfort and extreme pain just to lose weight and gain muscles.
- Routines which aim for endurance, coordination, strength, and flexibility without the addition of muscle mass is called Pilates. This body conditioning may intensify circulation and helps to define and reinforce the torso or core. It was reported that patients who engage in pilates on a regular basis claimed to be less susceptible to musculoskeletal injury, have a better posture, and have an improved holistic health.
- Before starting with any exercise program, patients must consult first to their doctors or healthcare providers to ensure their health and safety.
Free yourself from musculoskeletal pain by knowing its symptoms, causes, and treatment options. Go for what is more convenient and safe like Penetrex. Make a new lifestyle, if needed, and take extra care to banish it for good.
Thomas Matthys a former world-class track & field athlete and the founder of Swol Headquarters. He graduated from the University of Fordham with a Master’s degree in Science. Matthys is a certified sports nutritionist and personal coach of several professional athletes. Matthys has been involved in various clinical studies within Track & Field including one on the factors associated with muscle recovery and HIIT.