What is a Stair Climber
The stair climber is equipment used for cardio exercise and is designed to look like a step ladder or a mini revolving elevator. It simulates the actions that one takes when climbing a flight of stairs therefore that is why it is referred to as a “Stair Climber”. In this review, we discuss the best stair climbers available.
Types of a Stair Climber
There are various types of stair climber and they include;
- Sunny health and fitness folding climbing stepper
- Maxi climber vertical climber
- MultiSports ST-2200 stair climber
- Conquer vertical climber
- Orange A vertical climber
- Merax vertical climber
- Best choice products 2-in-1 vertical climber
Sunny Health & Fitness Folding Climbing Stepper
This one of a kind stair climber comes with high-quality developments, a very affordable cost, and low impact. It provides a quiet, smooth, independent cylinders and realistic action as you workout.
Features and Benefits of Sunny Health & Fitness Folding Climbing Stepper
- It comes with 12 levels of resistance which provide great convenience to users during workouts.
- It provides users with a smooth climbing action which quite impactful during exercises.
- It has been well designed with a sturdy feature.
- It is very easy to use and set up.
- It features independent hydraulics.
- It comes with 3 months (90 days) warranty.
- It provides great workout feedback on calories and total steps taken.
- The only drawback of this equipment is the fact that it has holes that are not well aligned for to assemble it properly.
Maxi Climber Vertical Climber
This stair climber comes with excellent features such as a steel frame that can be adjusted to provide you with the convenience of performing a safe and secure stair climbing motion.
Features and Benefits of the Maxi Climber Vertical Climber
- It provides better aerobic output and muscle activation through its full range motion feature.
- It provides for easy storage through its compact and foldable feature.
- Compared to a commercial climber, it is not motorized because it uses one’s body weight as the resistance.
- It is suitable for all body types because it has an adjustable height.
- It features an onboard timer which is very convenient and helps during workouts.
- It also comes with grip handles that are non-stick.
- It comes with 1-year warranty.
- It provides excellent workout feedback.
Disadvantages of the Maxi Climber Vertical Climber
These are some of the drawbacks of Maxi climber vertical climber;
It cannot be able to increase the resistance during workouts.
The console feedback is limited.
The Conquer Vertical Climber
This stair climber equipment also comes with impressive features and great design. It features a metal framework that is quite durable and a modern sleek design.
Features and Benefits of Conquer Vertical Climber
Below are some of the features and benefits of the Conquer vertical climber;
- It features steel frames that provide durability and stability.
- It comes with ergonomic handlebars that provide efficiency and convenience to users during workouts.
- It fits well in any kind of setting due to its slim, compact and great design.
- It is a budget-priced cardio machine effectively designed to emulate action taken during stair climbing.
- It provides users with a smooth and efficient workout experience.
The only drawback of this equipment is the fact that it does not have any variable resistance.
MultiSports ST-2200 Stair Climber
This big and robust cardio machine is a bit pricier but comes with great features for the best workout experience. It is very stable and solid because it is made of steel that is of heavy duty. It provides a climbing action that is quite natural and smooth.
Features and Benefits of MultiSports ST-2200 Stair Climber
Below are some of the features and benefits of the ST-2200 stair climber;
- It features 6 pre-set workout programs and a large LCD console.
- It provides feedback of statistics from your workout
- It also features a heart rate monitoring system that provides excellent feedback during workouts.
- It is very solid and durable providing value for your money.
- It comes with a brake resistance system known as the Eddy Current system.
Disadvantages of MultiSports ST-2200 Stair Climber
These are some of the drawbacks of the ST-2200 stair climber;
It may be too expensive for some people due to its high price.
It is quite heavy and therefore may be hard to move around.
OrangeA Vertical Climber
This is a very affordable stair climber that can serve as an alternative to other pricier stair climbers in the market. It is very suitable to people who are overweight and weightlifters as well. It does not provide any strain during workouts due to its natural and smooth climbing motion.
Features and Benefits of OrangeA Vertical Climber
It provides great workout feedback through its two-line digital display which can also help you track your steps and the total time you take during your workout.
It is very easy to set up and assemble because it comes already pre-assembled therefore saving on time that one would have used to assemble the whole equipment.
It is quite ideal for daily and basic workouts.
It comes with 30 days of return policy from Amazon
The only drawback of this equipment is that it is not adjustable.
Merax Vertical Climber
When you think of rock climbing, this of the Merax vertical climber machine. This amazing stair climber provides the best weight capacity and a height that can be well adjusted. It can withstand the weight capacity of up to 330 pounds. It is very suitable for weightlifters.
Features and Benefits of the Merax Vertical Climber
These are some of the features and benefits of the Merax vertical climber;
- It provides users with comfortable grip through its handles that are quite versatile.
- It is very compact and quite functional. This means that it takes up very little storage space compared to other machines of this sort.
- It is very easy to set up and can be easily folded.
- It helps in targeting the upper body muscles through its great handles.
The only drawback of this equipment is that it does not provide any workout feedback.
Best Choice Products 2-in-1 Vertical Climber
This stair climber has been well designed and is very suitable for home gyms. It provides efficient full body workout to users through its magnetic exercise bike and vertical stair climber feature.
Features and Benefits of 2-in-1 Vertical Climber
These are some of the features and benefits of the 2-in-1 vertical climber;
- It has been constructed with steel that is quite durable
- It comes with a customizable resistance, whereby one can push the arms downwards or upwards for the best exercise experience.
- It provides comfort to users through its convenient foldable design, adjustable height and soft grips.
- It provides excellent workout feedback through large and easy to read display.
General Importance of a Stair Climber
Below are some of the general key benefits of a stair climber and why it is effective and important to have one;
Stair climbers provide different options for either cardio programming or metabolic condition and are very easy to use.
Stair climbers reduce the wear and tear found in joints and tissues, therefore improving one’s movement and recovery.
It helps in working out of cardiovascular strength which is beneficial to your body.
A stair climber helps in burning of calories as you develop great body power and strength.
It serves as an alternative to rock climbing because it is almost quite similar.
A stair climber helps in targeting different glute muscles.
How to Use a Stair climber
The following are the simple steps to take in using a Stair Climber;
- Once on the stair climber, first you have to make sure that your hands are rested on the side rails or the bar in front of you.
- Make sure you lean slightly at the hips then stand upright.
- Start taking deep steps at an even and moderate pace
- Keep your foot on the pedal to provide your thighs and rear end with a great workout.
Pricing of the Stair Climber
The stair climber due to the fact that it comes in different varieties differs in pricing. This is because every stair climber comes with different specs and quality. The stair climber price ranges from $2,500 to $5,500 for both buying and installation. You can check out more information about the price ranges on the Amazon site to decide on the one that suits you best.
The best thing in life is being healthy and living your life to your maximum capability. This can only be achieved if you maintain a good body weight and shape which can help in providing your body with great strength, shape, and stability. Stair climbers have come to provide the best solution to a simple, efficient, and yet effective way on how to exercise daily. With a wide range of different stair climbers, you are presented with an opportunity to ensure you keep yourself in good body shape and in a healthy condition.
Scott Williams has a Master’s Degree in Nutrition and is a Certified Personal Trainer. Apart from being an integral part of our research team, Scott Williams spends almost every single minute he can get in the gym. He has vast experience in matters supplements, diets, and workouts.