What is GHRP-2?
Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide 2 ( GHRP-2) is a peptide which substantially activates the pituitary gland into releasing high levels of growth hormone for a few hours. The increase in growth hormone comes from your own body, not synthetic growth hormones which can suppress your natural production.
Bodybuilders and athletes have been trying to improve their performance using a wide variety of methods and substances. The problem with using performance-enhancing substances is that they have major side effects. These range from mild to dangerous to life-threatening. Sometimes they last even after the enhancer has been stopped. Thus the search is always on for a performance enhancer that has the least number and intensity of side effects while still giving great results.
It is here that the growth hormone releasing peptide 2 also known as GHRP-2, Pralmorelin, Pralmorelin Hydrochloride comes into play. It is an orally active, synthetic peptide drug, that contains unnatural D-amino acid. It is frequently used for assessment of growth hormone deficiency in adults. It is a ghrelin agonist i.e. it activates ghrelin receptors. It also increases levels of plasma growth hormone, and as a consequence increases both hunger and food intake. It was under investigation for the treatment of growth hormone deficiency, and for repairing short stature but that research did not yield any positive results. One of the problems observed was that it did not work on growth hormone deficient people.
- A more youthful look
- Increases muscle size
- Increased libido
- Fat loss & Improved metabolism
- 60 day money back guarantee
How to administer GHRP-2?
GHRP-2 comes in powdered form and needs to be reconstituted in either bacteriostatic water or sodium chloride meant for injecting. Once reconstituted it should be stored in a refrigerator until it is ready for use. Its dosages are still debated but anywhere from 100 to 300 micrograms should be a good dose. Normal insulin needles are fine for injecting it. Also, it can be injected either intramuscularly or subcutaneously depending upon the user’s choice.
GHRP-2 is usually recommended to be used with growth hormone releasing hormone or GHRH for optimum results. In case it is stacked with GHRH, the dosage should be around 100 micrograms. It’s effectiveness dips in presence of carbohydrates and dietary fats. As a result, it is best taken on an empty stomach. Also a dosage just twice a day is more than sufficient.
Is it safe?
Yes, GHRP-2, like all GHRPs’ are very safe to use for both short and long periods of time. No serious problems have been encountered from the use of GHRP-2 aside from the usual side effects which will be discussed later.
Benefits of GHRP-2
GHRP-2 has a lot of benefits, making it a staple performance enhancer in the arsenal of many bodybuilders and athletes. When used responsibly and coupled with the correct diet and exercise, it can do wonders for you. Some of these benefits include
- Food and hormone regulation – GHRP-2 increases the secretion of ghrelin, a gut-based peptide. Research has proved that it increases the food intake and hunger in both rodents and humans. It is really useful for bodybuilders and athletes who are trying to increase their calorific intake in order to put on muscle mass. Incidentally, this effect has been proved by research.
- No major side effects – Unlike a lot of other performance enhancers that bodybuilders and athletes use, GHRP-2 has no side effects. This was observed in a study made to check if GHRP-2 increases appetite. This is a huge win for GHRP-2 as side effects by performance enhancers are frequently serious, and sometimes even fatal.
- Improved sleep patterns – Bodybuilders and athletes have known a simple truth for the longest amount of time and that is, that your muscles are built when you sleep and not when you work out. Thus insufficient sleep or ineffective sleep has a tendency to negatively impact your “gains”. This is another area where GHRP-2 outshines. It actually improves your sleep patterns thus helping your muscles to put on more size than they would in absence of a good night’s sleep.
- Gaining muscle – Like all performance enhancers, GHRP-2 helps you put on muscle mass. However what sets it apart from others is that it helps to put on lean muscle mass. It does this by helping muscle build up while promoting fat loss. This is one of the reasons that it is favored by bodybuilders.
- Higher potency – GHRP-2 is not stand alone peptide but belongs to a family. Of the four peptides, it is the second most potent one. This means that it packs a better punch as compared to other members, in the same amount of dosage.
- No desensitization – A lot of performance enhancers are desensitized by the body i.e. the body becomes immune to their effect. As a result, users have to increase the dosage in order to get the same results. However, GHRP-2 does not desensitize. Thus you can maintain the same dosage and get the results over a period of time.
What can I expect from GHRP-2?
As GHRP2 raises growth hormone, you can expect higher levels of IGF-1 in your body, which comes with a lot of benefits. These benefits include increased muscle gain, more muscle fibers, rapid fat loss, faster healing abilities and stronger bones just to name a few.
What can I use it for?
Like all GHRPs’, GHRP2 is a very versatile peptide, commonly used in SARM, AAS and other peptide stacks for extra muscle gains and fat loss.
Side effects of GHRP-2
However, not all aspects of GHRP-2 are beneficial to its users. There are certain side effects and parameters that you should look at before starting a cycle. Also be sure to do some more research on your own in order to have all your bases covered.
- Does not work for people with growth hormone deficiency – GHRP-2 was being tested to treat growth hormone deficiency and pituitary dwarfism. While it made to level II of the trials it was ultimately discontinued. The reason being that GHRP-2 cannot increase growth hormone levels significantly in people who have a pre-existing deficiency. Only healthy adults can benefit from the effects of GHRP-2.
- No long-term studies – While current studies have not shown any de effects, we are still at an early stage and are not sure if GHRP-2 has any long-term or permanent, or both side effects. This makes it potentially dangerous to work with, but there has been no warning tale about it yet.
- Elevated cortisol and prolactin – While GHRP-2 can be taken in a relatively large quantity, there are certain side effects associated with. A dosage of more than 200 micrograms causes an elevation in levels of cortisol and prolactin. Cortisol is a hormone which causes stress, and prolactin causes loss of libido and impotence in men and lactation in women. Thus an overdose, while not fatal can cause side effects that are quite undesirable.
- Only for research purposes – The problem with buying GHRP-2 is that it is not sold either over the counter or with a prescription. It is only available for research purposes. Thus bodybuilders and athletes, who use it, are putting themselves at some risk, even if that is just of legal consequence.
The following are common side effects associated with GHRP2 use:
- Water retention
- A slight increase in cortisol and Prolactin
- A decrease in insulin sensitivity
What should I use GHRP2 with?
As said before, it is versatile in the fact it can be used as a recomp drug, or for cutting and bulking.
So if you are planning on a bulk, you are best combining it with SARMs such as LGD-4033 (extra muscle gain) and S4 (strength and recomp). Adding other peptides to this is also a great idea. The following peptides are useful for cutting:
- IGF-1 LR3
- HGH Fragment
The Following Peptides are useful for adding muscle and is a good idea to add to any stack where you are trying to add muscle:
- IGF-1 LR3
- Follistatin 344
Storage and Dosage information
When it is in powder form, it’s smart to store it in a freezer for long periods of time (around 12 months).
But once reconstituted with either Bacteriostatic water or acetic acid, it should be in a refrigerator for up to 5 weeks.
The typical dosage commonly used with GHRP-2 is approximately 100-300mcg, taken 2-3 times a day.
You can use these for an infinite amount of time and does not need a PCT if by itself.
Summary of GHRP-2
The final verdict is a recommendation for the case of GHRP-2. It is the second most potent growth hormone releasing peptide in the family, and it does not cause desensitizing problems. Sure an overdose does cause hormonal imbalance, but when compared with other performance enhancers it is much safe. Always remember to consult your physician before starting performance enhancers, and to cycle through them and not use them continuously. But by maintaining a good diet, and exercise regime along with regular check-ups GHRP-2 is your friend.
- Reduces body fat
- Increases Lean Body mass
- Helps with sleep.
- Has anti-aging properties
- Improves recovery time
- Great to stack with SARMs and Peptides