What is GHRP-6?
Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide 6 ( GHRP-6) is a peptide which substantially activates the pituitary gland into releasing high levels of growth hormone for a few hours. The increase in growth hormone comes from your own body, not synthetic growth hormones which can suppress your natural production. GHRP 6 is a first generation GHRP and has a few side effects which could be annoying.
Exercise and sports have, in recent times gained the credit it is due. Not only are these sports a testament to the fortitude of the athletes, but they are also a science in themselves. Each sport has different exercise regimes and different dietary requirements. While some athletes face the same environment in each competition, there are those who have to face a different environment every time they compete. What remains constant however is the importance of growth hormone and the effect it has on the athlete’s body.
It is here that Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide 6, or Growth Hormone Releasing Hexapeptide comes into the picture. Also called as GHRP-6, it is a synthetic met-enkephalin analog. It includes unnatural D amino acids. It is instrumental in releasing growth hormone that helps in muscle recovery, strengthing of joints and tendons, and fat loss. It is distinct from Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone or GHRH which causes a higher amount of growth hormone to be secreted during the body normal secretion time. GHRP-6 on the other time will target a pulse and force the pituitary to release the growth hormone that is stored there. It helps a particular muscle group to achieve maximum growth.
Is it safe?
Yes, GHRP6, like all GHRPs’ are very safe to use for both short and long periods of time. No serious problems have been encountered from the use of GHRP-6 aside from the usual side effects which will be discussed later.
How to administer GHRP-6?
GHRP-6 while being the penultimate in strengths of GH release in its class, it is still quite potent and can be taken 2-3 times in a day. It is available in a freeze-dried powder and should be reconstituted in bacteriostatic water and stored in the refrigerator. It is available in 5 mg packets, and one dosage should not be more than 100 micrograms. A dosage of more than 200 micrograms does not any significant impact on the muscles. It should be injected using an insulin syringe either under the skin or between muscles.
Similar to other enhancers, it is observed that administrating GHRP-6 along with insulin gets an increased GH response. However, in presence of elevated glucose levels, GHRP-6 does not work well. As a result, consuming carbohydrates or dietary fats before administrating GHRP-6 is a bad idea. Thus the dose should be taken two hours after your last meal and at least thirty minutes before your next meal. Also, GHRP-6 has saturation points. As a result, you want to put a healthy interval between two doses so that your receptors are clear. The best schedule is one dose upon waking up, one post workout, and one before sleeping.
What can I expect from GHRP-6?
GHRPs’ release growth hormone, you can expect higher levels of IGF-1 in your body, which comes with a lot of benefits. These benefits include increased muscle gain, more muscle fibers, rapid fat loss, faster healing abilities and stronger bones just to name a few.
Benefits of GHRP-6
Just like all other performance-enhancing substances, GHRP-6 has its own set of benefits. It is for the following reasons that it has found such an ardent following amongst athletes.
- Increase in ghrelin – Ghrelin is a hormone that the stomach releases when it is empty. It also helps regulate appetite, promotes fat loss in muscle tissue, and helps in healing damaged tendons. There are studies which also point to a direct link between elevated levels of ghrelin and faster repair of tendons. GHRP-6 causes an increase of ghrelin in the body.
- Not sex-specific – One of the biggest advantages of GHRP-6 is the fact that it can be used by both men and women in the same dosage without causing a lot of complicated side effects. This sets it apart from a lot of other performance enhancers that regulate growth hormone.
- Non-desensitizing – One of the biggest problems with performance enhancers is that the body builds up a certain tolerance or resistance to it. As a result, athletes either cycle their enhancers or end up taking a higher dosage to get the same result. GHRP-6 on the other and does not have a desensitizing effect on the body.
Are there any side effects?
However, not all aspects of GHRP-6 are positive. The moment you put something additional into your body, there will be side effects. These can range from mild to dangerous, sometimes even fatal. The drawbacks of GHRP-6 are listed below.
- Increase in appetite – GHRP-6 causes an intense increase in appetite. While this is a valid strategy for athletes and bodybuilders, without the necessary discipline, this can mean you just end up putting extra weight. It can result in opposite results to what you wanted.
- Not the strongest in the family – GHRP-6 is the one with penultimate potency. There are two members of the GHRP-6 family which are stronger. However, compared to their side effects, GHRP-6 makes a lot more sense.
- Drop in body sugar – The use of GHRP-6 is associated with a fall in blood sugar. This is frequently known to cause headaches. Diet adjustments an help the user adjust his / her body sugar level to match the drop. With time, as the body gets used to the GHRP-6 administration these headaches disappear.
- Not cleared by FDA – GHRP-6 is not cleared by FDA for human consumption. Athletes and bodybuilders still get it by purchasing it for research purposes, but it cannot be ignored that a substance that has not been cleared should be regarded with a certain hesitation.
What should I use GHRP-6 with?
As said before, it is versatile in the fat it can be used as a recomp drug, or for cutting and bulking.
It is best used if you are planning on a bulk due to the increased hunger, combining it with SARMs such as LGD-4033 (extra muscle gain) and S4 (strength and recomp) as well as peptides such as IGF-1LR3 and Follistatin 344 are great as these add some serious mass quick. The following peptides are useful for cutting:
- IGF-1 LR3
- HGH Fragment
The Following Peptides are useful for adding muscle and is a good idea to add to any stack where you are trying to add muscle:
- IGF-1 LR3
- Follistatin 344
Storage and Dosage information
When it is in powder form, it’s smart to store it in a freezer for long periods of time (around 12 months).
But once reconstituted with either Bacteriostatic water or acetic acid, it should be in a refrigerator for up to 5 weeks.
The typical dosage commonly used with GHRP-6 is approximately 3 doses of 100mcg daily, split when you wake up, after your workout and before bed.
Verdict of GHRP-6
The final verdict is to go for it. GHRP-6 is not your garden-variety performance enhancer. One of the most important aspects of it is that it does not cause desensitization. This means that it will not cause overdose and that works best for athletes. Also since it increases appetite, it forces you to make more calories available to your body for exercise and for recovery. It does not boost unnatural muscle growth like other performance enhancers and the result does not put extra pressure on your tendons and ligaments.
- Reduces body fat
- Increase Lean Body mass
- Helps with sleep.
- Has anti-aging properties
- Improves recovery time
- Great to stack with SARMs and Peptides
- Increases hunger