Where does Plexus Slim fit in?
Being overweight is a condition that affects more than two billion people worldwide. It is usually caused by consuming more calories than burned by the body in course of time. there are various factors that lead to being overweight which include diet, alcoholism, varying metabolism levels, and disorders. Losing weight is a tricky business. It usually requires a combination of measures like exercise and diet changes.
It is here that Plexus Slim fits in. It is a weight-loss supplement that comes in powdered form and is colloquially called the pink drink due to its color. It is a dissolvable powder that is easy to mix and can be dissolved even in cold water. It is made of all natural ingredients and helps in reducing appetite and cravings. It also leaves you feeling full, lowering your blood sugar, cholesterol, and lipids. As a result, you end up eating much less. It also causes fat burn and not muscle loss, thus being better for athletes.
What is it made of?
Plexus Slim boasts being an all-natural supplement. The ingredients used in it have a wide variety of positive effects, and the expectation is that the combination of them all will help you to lose weight in a healthy manner. The ingredients used are:
- Chromium Polynicotinate – Chromium is a trace element that is essential for human beings. Various studies have linked chromium with blood sugar regulation, weight loss, and coping with depression. Chromium helps the body put on muscle mass and lose fat fast in order to drop weight quickly. It is especially beneficial for patients with Type II diabetes.
- Xylooligosaccharide – Xylooligosaccharide is a polymer of the xylose. It is also a sugar and is probiotic. Gut bacteria have been proved to aid in the better digestion of food, and that is where xylooligosaccharide comes into the picture. It helps to regulate the gut bacteria and thus improve the overall digestive function.
- Green coffee bean extract – Green coffee beans are just unroasted coffee beans. Green coffee bean extract or GCE is full of antioxidants and has chlorogenic acid, which is thought to aid in weight loss. It helps to reduce the absorption of carbohydrates, thus lowering blood sugar and insulin spikes. Studies in humans have proved that GCE induces weight-loss without significant change in lifestyle.
- Garcinia Cambogia – Garcinia Cambogia also known as Garcinia gummi-gutta, brindleberry, Malabar tamarind, and kudam poli is a tropical fruit that is found in Southeast Asia, and west and central Africa. touted as a miracle drug when it comes to natural weight loss, it claims to have effects like making you feel full, lowering body weight, increasing fat metabolism, and increasing athletic ability. These four effects help in overall weight loss.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – Alpha Lipoic Acid, abbreviated as ALA, is a natural substance that the body produces and is found in trace amounts in a wide variety of foods like potatoes, spinach, peas, broccoli, rice bran, and Brussels Sprouts. It aids in converting glucose into energy. ALA helps with a lot of disorders like diabetes, hypertension, coronary heart disease, and impaired brain function. It helps reduce high blood pressure and cholesterol levels. ALA also improves blood flow and immune function thus helping in reverse the effect of aging.
- Mulberry fruit extract – Mulberries are full of antioxidants, and in recent times have gained popularity for regulating carbohydrates and glucose metabolism. It is also hypothesized from currently ongoing experiments that it can be used for the treatment of type II diabetes.
- Beetroot extract – Beetroot is a very rich source of nitrates, folic acid, and manganese. It also contains amino acids like D amino acid and alpha amino acid. It helps to normalize the pH balance of the body and is instrumental in healthy blood. It also acts as a natural sweetener.
- Citric acid – Another naturally occurring substance, citric acid is mostly used as a preservative. From a health perspective, it is good for clearing free radicals, kidney stones, and maintaining healthy acid levels in the body.
How to get the best results from Plexus Slim
Plexus Slim is available in powdered form like most other supplements in single serve packets. For best results drink it one to two times a day. One single packet of Plexus Slim should be mixed with twelve to twenty ounces of water, and shaken well before consuming. Consumption should take place thirty to sixty minutes before having a meal. The idea is that as the effects of Plexus Slim come into effect you will consume less food while having a meal, thus combing the bests of both worlds so to say.
However it should be noted that the consumption of Plexus Slim causes certain side effects, dehydration being the primary amongst them. It is recommended to drink six to eight glasses of water in a day to counter the effects of Plexus Slim. This is a shade more than all other supplements on the market. However, the easy nature of preparing the drink means that you can use it in your office, gym, or any other place with minimum hassle.
Benefits of Plexus Slim
Plexus Slim has some very clear benefits thanks to the variety of all natural ingredients that it uses. The sum total of these effects helps in the claimed weight-loss.
- Vetoed ingredients – One of the biggest benefits of Plexus Slim is that there are no nasty surprises when it comes to the ingredients. All the ingredients and chemicals are declared and nothing is hidden from you. This helps you to take an informed decision.
- Probiotic activity – Plexus Slim has some major probiotic advantages. It helps to regulate digestion by regulating your gut bacteria. It has been observed to increase Lactobacillus by 365 times, Bifidobacterium by 290 times, and Akkermansia by 257 times. All of the aforementioned bacteria are used by the body in order to regulate digestion.
- Nothing artificial about it – Plexus slim does not have any artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors. While these are mostly harmless, to begin with, the cutting down of such additives gives weight to their all-natural claim.
- Healthy composition – Plexus Slim has only five calories in a packet. It is also gluten-free, 100% vegetarian, and non-GMO. Thus it can be used by vegans and people with gluten allergies without much issue.
Drawbacks of Plexus Slim
For all the benefits of Plexus Slim, there are some clear-cut drawbacks that you must consider before buying the all-natural supplement.
- High price tag – The first and foremost drawback is the high price of the supplement. There are a lot of other all natural supplements available in the market, and Plexus Slim without a doubt falls into the premium category of it.
- No third party verification – Plexus Slim as a whole is not backed by third-party verification. A lot of ingredients in it make the claims that they help with weight loss, and metabolism regulation, but not all have been through conclusive studies to prove the claims.
- Industry-funded positive research – Some of the ingredients like GCE which have studies backing their claims have dubious funding. The research has been funded by companies that would benefit from the sale of GCE. Now while this doesn’t automatically mean that the studies are tampered with, it does mean that they should be taken with a pinch of salt.
- Ambassador approach – Plexus Slim has, in recent times, seen a lot of good publicity through the social media and word of mouth. Now while this may lead you to believe that Plexus Slim is working for a wide variety of people that is not really the case. Most of the advocates of Plexus Slim are people who are ambassadors of the supplement. Thus they directly benefit from the sales of Plexus Slim. As a result, not all testimonials can be taken at face value.
- The Dr. Oz factor – Dr. Oz, a famous celebrity doctor from the USA was recently seen endorsing Garcinia Cambogia, one of the components in Plexus Slim. Now while Dr. Oz holds an MD, we cannot deny the fact that his endorsements don’t hold any value as they are usually pseudoscientific in nature, and are widely criticized by the scientific community. Thus his validation does not hold any merit.
The final verdict is to avoid Plexus Slim. Everything that Plexus Slim claims to offer can be easily acquired by following the hallmarks of a healthy lifestyle like intermittent fasting, balanced diet, and eating lower quantities but with higher frequency. Also, the lack of solid scientific evidence does no favors to the case of Plexus Slim. In case you feel the need to opt for a supplement there are those that are far better than Plexus Slim available in the market. Just because a supplement is all natural does not mean that you should opt for it.