Working out on a regular basis is challenging most of the time. You have bad days when you just don’t want to go to the gym. There are days when you’re tired and just can bring yourself to go ahead and make yourself even more tired with a workout. Sometimes you just need that extra boost.
Workout supplements exist for both pre and post work out helping you gather more energy to take your workout to the next level or taking your intense work out and allowing you to receive maximum benefits from it. Pre-workout supplements are great for regular use or even just when you need the energy to pull through a workout. Here we talk about Nitraflex, one of the most popular pre-workout supplements. Let’s see if Nitraflex is right for you.
What is Nitraflex?
Nitraflex is a dietary supplement that is meant to be used as a pre-workout. It comes in the form of a powder and is available in different flavors. It is drunk by diluting in cold water about half an hour before you exercise. There is also a ready to drink bottle that is available but for the purposes of this article, we’ll focus on the powder mix.
Flavors in Nitraflex include a great variety including Black Cherry, Fruit Punch, Green Apple, Blue Raspberry, Watermelon, Orange, Pineapple and Pina Colada. There is a flavor for everyone.
Nitraflex is made up of three proprietary blends, each of which is meant to provide a certain function, these three blends are the Vasoactive Arginase Regulating No Precursor Complex, Acute Energy, Focus, Intensity, Neuromodulating and Endurance Complex and the Clinically studied Testosterone-Enhancing Complex.
- Increases Energy Levels
- Increases Focus
- Boost workout's performance
- No artificial sweeteners
- Works instant
How Does Nitraflex Work?
Nitraflex works by producing hyperemic results and by boosting testosterone while providing great bursts of energy. This means that the supplement aims to increase blood flow to the muscle tissues which allows the body to go a little bit further in its workout. There is also about 325mg of caffeine in each serving of this pre work out mix. That’s just over 3 cups of coffee worth of caffeine. The caffeine is a stimulant which provides the body with energy that helps you take your workout to the next level.
There is no Creatine in this pre-workout mix, which does make it slightly less effective than some other brands, but it also sidesteps the side effects that Creatine can produce. It should be noted that they do offer a version that includes Creatine for those who are looking for a pre-workout with Creatine.
Who Makes Nitraflex?
Nitraflex is a supplement that belongs to the GAT Sports family of workout products. GAT Sport has positioned itself as a premium hardcore supplement brand that is dedicated to helping athletes all over the world achieve “Superior strength” and “massive performance gains.
Located in the USA, this brand pushes the fact that it is manufactured in the country and offers supplements of high quality that are manufactured under strict practices.
Ingredients in Nitraflex
Nitraflex has three proprietary blends each of which performs a particular function. On the label, the list of these ingredients looks complicated but that’s only because the label uses both their chemical formulas and the known names, making the list look intimidating. Let’s take a closer look at these blends and what is in them.
Vasoactive Arginase Regulating No Precursor Complex –
- L-Citrulline & Citrulline Malate – These two a fantastic ingredients to any pre work out supplement, they are fairly similar to each other and provide the same function. These two ingredients when digested turn into L-Arginine. Arginine is a precursor to nitric oxide which helps increase blood flow. Increased blood flow is what allows your muscles to go that extra mile during a workout. The only difference between the two ingredients is that Citrulline Malate is essentially L-Citrulline but with added Malic acid. Malic acid helps deliver an energy boost and increases endurance.
- L-Arginine Malate – This ingredient is pretty much L-arginine with added malic acid. Again, this means more nitric oxide which means increased blood flow which in turn means your muscles can go that extra mile to a workout.
- Resveratrol – This ingredient which has a long and intimidating chemical name is just a natural compound that is commonly found in red grape skin, peanuts and some berries. It is a powerful antioxidant that plants use to protect themselves. In a way, they are a part of the plant’s immune system. It works the same way in the human body by fighting free radicals that cause heart disease. It is essentially an ingredient that helps contribute to your physical wellbeing.
- Pterostilbene – This compound is an isolated bioactive component found in blueberries. It’s used in health supplements to help reduce blood pressure and regulate healthy cholesterol levels.
Acute Energy, Focus, Intensity, Neuromodulating, Endurance Complex –
- CarnoSyn – This is simply a patented form of Beta-Alanine. A naturally occurring amino acid, this ingredient has made waves in the world of fitness for its ability to increase muscle carnosine levels – this allows for greater endurance and increases the intensity with which you can work out
- Caffeine – One of the strongest and likely also the safest stimulants you can add to your pre-workout supplement regimen, Nitraflex contains a high dosage close to 3 cups of coffee worth of caffeine. While there are some side effects to be wary of, they are minor. Caffeine will definitely provide that energy boost that helps you do just a few more reps.
- DMAE – This fascinating ingredient is a compound that has been shown to improve mental function with regards to improving memory as well as reaction time which means faster mental processes. It works by maintaining and reducing the natural drop in cognition that can come with age.
- L-Tyrosine – This is another ingredient that is dedicated to improving mental function. It also helps reduce or manage stress levels to keep you away from the harmful side effects of stress on the body and mind. L-Tyrosine helps increase production noradrenaline and dopamine which contributes to lower stress levels and make you feel good after a workout.
- Theanine – Theanine is an interesting ingredient. To understand its merit in this list, we should talk about caffeine first. Many people are sensitive to caffeine as a stimulant if they aren’t used to its effects. Especially in pre-workout supplements and fat burners where caffeine is present in high amounts. Many people report feeling jittery and anxious when they take too much caffeine. The role of Theanine is to counter these side effects so you can get the effects of caffeine while avoiding the side effects
- Rauwolscine – This ingredient is VERY similar to Yohimbe which has proven to be a very controversial health supplement because of its side effects. Rauwolscine is a far more potent version that uses lower dosages to be effective. This means it avoids many of the side effects that Yohimbe has taken flak for. The role of this ingredient in Nitraflex is as a fat burner.
Clinically Studied Testosterone-Enhancing Complex
Calcium Fructopyranose Borate – This plan based ingredient is often either extracted or recreated synthetically for addition to supplements. It’s difficult to tell it is natural or synthetic in this product but its role is undeniable. CFB helps regulate cholesterol levels and has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps protect injuries and muscle aches and pains that one might face in the course of intense workouts on a regular basis
There are several great things about Nitraflex that we love. First and foremost is the fact that they have put some obvious amount of thought into creating a pre-workout supplement that caters to your needs both mentally and physically. Helping improve brain function as well as boosting physical function during your work out allows you to focus and get the most out of your fitness regimen and contributes to your overall health.
It’s also really great that Nitraflex includes l-theanine to help counter the effects of caffeine. Many people have a sensitivity to caffeine and pretty much everyone can have too much caffeine and have it produce some side effects that really don’t help. This is why it’s so great that they have added Theanine to help counter these side effects and make it so you spend less time trying to adjust to the caffeine dosage and more time reaping benefits.
The variety of flavors is another thing we love. There’s easily a flavor out there for everyone. The pricing is fairly reasonable you can get a 30 day supply for $ 44.09 and a 7 day supply for $11.89. These are the discounted rates available on their website.
Finally, there is a $2 sample pack that you can purchase just to test out if this pre-workout supplement works for you. This shows some amount of confidence in their product.
Things to Watch Out For in Nitraflex
There aren’t too many negatives about Nitraflex. The one thing to be wary of though is that it uses a proprietary blend. It is difficult to tell what the proportions of each ingredient are and so it’s hard to tell just how effective they can be.
This is also not an ideal supplement for those who are looking for a simple straightforward and powerful pre-workout supplement. It uses a combination of different ingredients to provide a complete solution. It may or may not fit in with the rest of your supplements that you stack for your goals.
There are artificial sweeteners added to this product so, if that is something you are wary of this might not be the right product for you.
There are probably some side effects to be careful of, and the website recommends that if you are a beginner, you should start with a half dosage or less and build your way up to a full scoop. Side effects are minor however and include:
- Elevated heart rate
- Stomach upset
- Stomach aches
Final Say on Nitraflex
With a sample pack available so cheaply, there is no reason you can’t give this a shot before investing money in a month’s supply. Be sure to check that you don’t have any allergies though to avoid adverse effects.
Thomas Matthys a former world-class track & field athlete and the founder of Swol Headquarters. He graduated from the University of Fordham with a Master’s degree in Science. Matthys is a certified sports nutritionist and personal coach of several professional athletes. Matthys has been involved in various clinical studies within Track & Field including one on the factors associated with muscle recovery and HIIT.