What are Kodiak Cakes ?
The Kodiak Cakes was launched in the year 1995, but the origin goes back to ages. The pancakes of this brand are made with keeping the ‘hot cakes’ in mind that are a treat for every family’s breakfast. There is hardly anyone who would not want to have a delicious hot plate of pancakes but which ones are the best is the question. While you would spend time on figuring out which ones are the best and healthy options, we are here to help to fix on that.
Whether you have been into specialty foods or not, whether you have high-protein diet daily, pancakes are something that everyone enjoys. As a morning breakfast or a quick snack with a bunch of friends, pancakes can be a delight. These pancakes are packaged in a brown box with a bear on the front. Although the box looks adorable, the box mentions power kodiak cakes, which can be a bit confusing for many.
The packaging of the box looks as if it is created for a mix of target audiences. If you are thinking that it is for people who deal with healthy-protein diet, then you might be wrong. The box gives you the feel of the age-old traditions of baking and cooking – just like how you would feel like being around a hipster.
There are a number of things you look at while buying a snack and same goes for pancakes too. Right from the price, to the taste of the ingredients and how healthy it is, we do look at multiple factors.
Let us take a close look at some of the popular products of this brand and see what are the ingredients and how do they work for pancake lovers.
Kodiak Cakes Products
The box of Frontier Flapjack and Waffle Mix is the first product of the brand. It was launched in the market in 1995. The recipe is primarily based on one of the traditional family recipes. This particular product comes without any added sugar or fat.
The Frontier Flapjack and Waffle Mix are tasty and are an only water added flapjack. This one feature of this mix helps you to prepare them even when you run out of almond milk, or plain milk.
- This is made using whole grains, which in itself is a healthy plate of protein. You can kick-start your day with this and have a stomach full of deliciousness.
- Each of its serving comes with eight grams of protein. This makes it a good choice for breakfast or any time when you feel empty stomach.
- It has natural honey that adds the natural sweetened flavor to the product. As mentioned earlier, it does not have any added sugar or fat, and therefore this is a healthy pick for you. The sweet of honey will be loved by every member of your family.
- The product is free from any GMO contents, and therefore it is healthy and safe to consume.
- You cannot find any artificial preservatives that keep these intact. You can be rest assured to give these to the children as well.
- Every box of the Frontier Flapjack and Waffle Mix comes with 13 servings. So, you can prepare delicious and healthy pancakes for your family with a box.
If you look at the ingredients of the Frontier Flapjack and Waffle Mix, you can see that it contains whole grain, whole wheat, dry milk (non-fat), dried honey, sea salt and egg white as the main component. You just have to add in water as required and prepare these. You may also find some peanuts in the pancakes.
- The waffle mix of buttermilk and honey – For the delicious pack
This particular product is one of the new products of Kodiak Cakes. It comes with the similar ingredients that are present in other packs. But you can find sweet cream buttermilk (non-fat) and some taste of vanilla in this pack. Also, you do not find any traces of added sugar, fat or cholesterol. You just need to add water as required and you are good to go.
- This too comes with whole grains, making it a healthy option
- As this contains the flavor of honey and sweet buttermilk, it would be a favorite for children as well as every other member of your family
- You can have 13 servings from one box, you are sure to get a stomach full of protein and delicious pancakes
- There are no GMO ingredients present and no artificial preservatives in Kodiak Cakes
- Gluten-free frontier flapjack and waffle mix – For those with gluten-free life
For those who are sensitive to gluten, do not have to worry anymore. If you want to have Kodiak Cakes pancakes, try the gluten-free pack.
This pack contains ingredients that are made from flour of oat. The brand is happy to come up with Kodiak Cakes for those who are leading a gluten-free lifestyle.
To make these delicious pancakes, you just need to add the required amount of milk.
The main ingredients of this pack include flour that is made using oat of whole grain, brown sugar, tapioca starch, etc. You may also find some amount of tree nuts.
- The waffle mix of pumpkin and flaxseeds – For the love of pumpkin spice
If you like the taste of pumpkin and have been thinking of picking this flavor for the pancakes, then here it is. The waffle mix of pumpkin and flaxseeds pack comes with a pack of wholesome ingredients. By having this, you will be stomach full with a delicious plate of pumpkin pancakes.
These pancakes contain proteins of high quality, and a few core vitamins to keep you energized and healthy all throughout the day. Also, the pack of Pumpkin Flax Flapjack & Waffle Mix contains super foods such as pumpkin and flax seeds. These core ingredients are good for a high metabolism, and flax seeds keep your cholesterol under check. There is also a great mix of cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves, nutmeg that adds natural sweetness to the pancakes. Your entire family would love the taste for sure.
Kodiak Cakes Summary
To make this pancake, you need to add water and prepare your power-packed breakfast. If you have been looking for a nourished morning, then you can’t miss the pumpkin and flax flavored pancakes.
- The pack contains whole grains, making the start of your day healthy and wholesome
- The bunch of core ‘B’ vitamins offers energy, rejuvenating your body
- Every pack of the Pumpkin Flax Flapjack & Waffle Mix comes with a top-notch protein of 10 grams of weight for each serving. This means you are sure to get a good amount of protein in a day.
- The taste of the pumpkin-spice adds to the flavor. You would want to have more and get more of this.
- The pack of ingredients does not have any GMO ingredients as it adheres to the strict manufacturing
- You are sure to get ten servings in each box of the Pumpkin Flax Flapjack & Waffle Mix
So, keep these handy tips and reviews in mind before you pick your next pack of Kodiak Cakes.
Thomas Matthys a former world-class track & field athlete and the founder of Swol Headquarters. He graduated from the University of Fordham with a Master’s degree in Science. Matthys is a certified sports nutritionist and personal coach of several professional athletes. Matthys has been involved in various clinical studies within Track & Field including one on the factors associated with muscle recovery and HIIT.