What are Power Crunch Bars?
Power Crunch bars are protein bars that are manufactured by the Bio Nutritional Research Group Inc. This company was founded in 1991 in Irvin, California. It formulates as well as produces DH hydrolyzed products that are available for consumers worldwide. The Power Crunch protein line is available both in the form of protein bars and powder. There are a variety of flavors. The power crunch bars they offer are crème filled cookie wafers that give you energy. It serves more as a protein supplement to our body. Here is what Bio Nutritional Research Group Inc(BNRG) has to say about it:
“Power Crunch protein is the best among its competitors when it comes to human nutrition. We deliver a superior quality product that is meant to provide the much-needed nutrition to the body. Our manufacturing process involves taking the regular whey protein and hydrolyzing it into small peptides known as dipeptides and tripeptides. These proteins can be absorbed fast and completely. This ensures that consumption of Power Crunch protein gives you the greatest nutritional advantages. So if you want to make a smart choice in protein trust no other brand but Power Crunch protein.
WHAT ARE ENERGY BARS?
The three main sources of energy from food is protein, carbohydrate, and fat. For us, energy bars do the same thing. They are supplement bars that contain cereals and other hydrolyzed energy boosting ingredients. Energy bars are not to be considered as same as energy drinks which have caffeine content in them. Different forms of carbohydrates are combined in various ratios to provide energy quickly. Generally, energy bars do not contain sugar alcohols. There are no sweeteners used to improve their tastes. The fat content in energy bars is low. Dark chocolate and cocoa butter are often the sources. A standard energy bar is known to contain about 200 to 300 calories, 7 to 15 grams of protein, 20 to 40 grams of carbohydrates and 3 to 9 grams of fat. Energy bars also come handy for people who don’t have time to have a proper meal, can fill their stomachs by having energy bars.
DIETARY PURPOSE OF PROTEIN BARS
Protein bars are known to contain a high amount of carbohydrate, fat and of course protein. Energy bars typically are known to provide food energy, that is calories in the form of carbohydrate. There are meal replacement bars that actually serve to replace nutrients intake, equal to what we consume directly for our meal such as the Power Crunch Bar. What makes power crunch bars different from these is the fact that they mainly provide protein to consumers who seek a convenient source. They don’t have to work hard to prepare them, like home-made food. Athletes, people who work out regularly in the gym and sports people are usually the ones who look for such convenient sources of protein. Unlike other heavy energy bars, protein bars are lower in vitamins, carbs and dietary minerals. The carbohydrates are mainly sugars, such as glucose, fructose, dextrose, and dextrin. Power crunch bars are mostly in the form of whey protein. Whey protein can be digested very fast. People who are muscle building enthusiasts use power crunch bars because they believe that protein intake after exercise help to build muscles. Athletics use whey protein more to improve their performance. Vegan protein bars are also available for vegetarians. These bars mainly contain plant proteins derived from brown rice, hemp, soybeans, corn, and peas. Sources of a slow digestive component of milk protein are casein and egg albumen.
Flavors OF POWER CRUNCH BARS
For customer satisfaction and to make Power crunch bars more enjoyable, they are available in different delicious flavors mixed with chocolate. Some include Cookies and Crème, Peanut Butter Crème, French Vanilla Crème, Triple Chocolate, Peanut Butter Fudge, Wild Berry Crème, and others. All of them are delicious and tasty and are effective protein supplements. They just melt in your mouth. Out of 10, consumers have given them 9 to 9.5 stars.
Power Crunch Bar Ingredients
The main ingredients in Power Crunch bars are:
- Proto Whey Protein Blend– Containing micro peptides derived from high DH hydrolyzed whey protein. Also contains 40 percent of di-peptides and tri-peptides.
- Whey Protein Isolate- It is a food ingredient obtained by separating from its milk component. Whey is known to be a by-product of cheese-making. There are three kinds of whey protein. They are whey concentrate, whey hydrolyzed and whey protein. The whey isolate in Power Crunch Bars contains the higher rate of the pure protein. It is virtually free of lactose, fat, cholesterol and carbohydrate. The concentration of branched-chain amino acids fuel muscle energy and work and helps to stimulate synthesis of protein. Another benefit is that whey protein isolate can be quickly absorbed in the body and is bioavailable.
- Milk protein Isolate- It contains both casein and whey form of protein.
- Others- Peanut butter, palm oil, wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron content, malted barley flour, riboflavin, folic acid, thiamine mononitrate, sugar, fructose, salt, soy lecithin, stevia leaves extract, baking soda, natural flavors and ammonium bicarbonate.
- Calories- In one Power Crunch bar the calorie content ranges from 195 to 205. Wild Berry has 205 calories. Each power crunch has 10 grams of carbohydrate.
- Protein- The protein content ranges from 13 grams to 14 grams in Peanut Butter Fudge, Red Velvet, Wild Berries and French Vanilla Crème.
- Sugar- In Red Velvet Power Crunch bar there are 6 grams of sugar content. French Vanilla Crème has about 5 grams of sugar content. They are diabetic friendly.
- Fat- Each Power Crunch Bar contains about 11 to 12 grams of fat and 4 to 5 grams of saturated fat. One should not take more than 20 to 35 percent of saturated fat.
Power Crunch Bars Side effects
Apparently, there are no notable side effects of Power Crunch Bars. However, the product provides allergic information. It contains milk, peanuts, soy from lecithin and milk. People who are allergic to these should take note. The equipment used to manufacture this product is also used for processing peanuts.12
Generally, protein bars may contain high levels of sugar content. They are sometimes called “candy bars” in disguise. Usually, a sugar derived from natural sources like fruits is healthy after workouts. Many experts also believe that sugar derived from fruit is beneficial for improving athletic performance. Many protein bars contain sugar alcohol as sweeteners. If consumed in larger amounts, sugar alcohols like many other partially digestible components may cause bloating, flatulence and diarrhea. For ‘hyperproteine‘ bars, in France, there are separate distinctive regulations.
The verdict on Power Crunch Bar
Power Crunch Bars and Powders are made with the help of fast cutting technology and equipment. These Power Crunch bars are especially hydrolyzed. They work as a very good supplement for the body muscles and overall health. They help in “100 percent absorption of protein” and are available in multiple delicious flavors. Bio Nutritional Research Group Inc. sells these products online. You may find them in grocery, drug, and convenient stores. They are available for purchase throughout the United States markets. On Amazon, Power Crunch Bars are available at an affordable price ranging from $16.11 to $23.99.
Thomas Matthys a former world-class track & field athlete and the founder of Swol Headquarters. He graduated from the University of Fordham with a Master’s degree in Science. Matthys is a certified sports nutritionist and personal coach of several professional athletes. Matthys has been involved in various clinical studies within Track & Field including one on the factors associated with muscle recovery and HIIT.