Vitamin C Serum Overview
In a perfect world, you could live free from all sorts of skin toxins. In that world getting a flawless skin is perhaps effortless, and most of us would have done anything to live in it. Unfortunately for us, we don’t live in a perfect world, and hence we have to deal with dozens of toxins lying everywhere. Even the sun itself at some point decides to hurt our skin, and in the end, we get wrinkles and start looking a lot older than we are. The good news, fortunately, is we have capable products to help us through it all. Thanks to years of gathering information and advancements in technology we now have products like vitamin c serums that can reverse all the damage our skins have had to endure. These are potent products backed by scientific studies which will not only bridge you to the skin of your dreams but rightfully do so without exposing you to severe adverse effects. What serums are these? We reviewed hundreds of vitamin c serums and came up with this best vitamin c serum list.
Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate
The manufacturer of this product claims that a bottle of the vitamin c serum is sold every 60 seconds! Yes, you heard that right. They claim that since its debut the serum has sold more than 5 million units. It’s all just insane. It doesn’t matter whether you trust this data or not because the one thing we can all agree on is its outstanding benefits. Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-reducing concentrate contains all the ingredients you’d ever need in a vitamin c serum. All your skin aging miseries will inevitably come to an end here. How is the serum so successful?
This serum contains two key compounds:
- 10.5% Vitamin C – The powerful antioxidant vitamin helps in re-energizing your skin, promoting exfoliation and protecting it from toxins. It will ensure that your skin is purified and clear.
- Adenosine – This compound is all about keeping your skin healthy. All the damages your skin cells have suffered over the years will be healed through adenosine. Cell renewal and regeneration will be done as fast as possible giving you a glowing skin which should consequently boost your overall self-esteem.
- Hyaluronic acid – It promotes hydration in the skin.
How should it be used?
The first step in using this serum or any other for that matter is making sure your skin is thoroughly cleansed. Go ahead and apply a few drops on your face while making sure none of it gets into your eyes. You can expect a warm sensation immediately after applying it, but this should subside after a few minutes. Use the serum twice a day for best results.
Any possible side effects?
Various skin types may react with the compounds used, and this can cause irritation or burning. In case you notice any of these adverse effects don’t worry, read on because we still have a few more serums that are as good.
A deserved winner on our list of the best vitamin c serum in 2018.
Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum
This Mario Badescu product is among the best serums out there. It comes from a reputable company that has manufactured lots of successful skin care products. They, therefore, have sufficient experience to understand what exactly our skin needs and most importantly, they have the brains and resources to deliver it. So, why should you ignore other competing items and choose this particular one?
The serum is made of ascorbic acid and other natural ingredients offering the best solution for wrinkle problems. When topically applied, this compound will help in stimulating your skin to produce more collagen. The solution will radiate your skin, improve its elasticity and youthfulness after just a few times of using it. Skin hydration will never bother you again. The solution will make sure that your skin is well equipped to withstand all the toxins and UV exposure you experience out there.
Who can use this vitamin c serum?
Do you feel like you are having sagging skin, skin discoloration, pigmented patches, or dark spots? If the answer is yes, then you need not look any further. Aging and years of exposure to various factors will always result in these problems. The Mario Badescu Vitamin c serum is ideally formulated to solve all these problems.
But, how exactly does it work?
Vitamin C is an essential compound responsible for lots of medicinal benefits. This vitamin is consumed almost on a daily basis, and sometimes we are not even aware of it. It’s widely available in the drinks, fruits, and foods we consume every day. This, unfortunately, is never enough for our bodies which cannot produce their own vitamin C. It, therefore, means that the demand for vitamin c usually surpasses the supply and this is one of the reasons for skin breakout and other issues. Supplementing the vitamin through this serum hence ensures that there is enough of it for us to enjoy all its benefits.
Aging and toxins reduce the amount of collagen produced in the skin which consequently leads to sagging of skin, wrinkles and dark spot. Using the Mario Badescu vitamin c serum helps to supply the desperately needed vitamin which promotes collagen production. You should know that this product does more than just correcting wrinkles. Unlike other typical skin care products, this one will give you the best possible version of a youthful looking skin, and that’s not all; it will boost your skin’s ability to protect itself against UV radiation and free radicles. With this serum pollutants such as smoke will stand no chance against your skin.
What gives the Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum its healing power?
- Ascorbic Acid – Ascorbic acid is the main source of vitamin C in Mario Badescu serum. It is a powerful antioxidant that gives your skin the protection it needs against free radicals.
- Collagen – Collagen is a protein naturally produced in the body. Its production, however, slows down as we age. Exposure to certain pollutants can also affect the health of collagen which makes it difficult for your body to create new, healthier proteins. In the end, wrinkles and fine lines appear. Its presence in this serum will reinforce your collagen layer for healthier and elastic skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – This compound is excellent for holding water, and its presence here keeps your skin hydrated.
- Cucumis Sativus – This compound from cucumber fruit eliminates the baggy or puffy appearance common in the eyes.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf juice – It helps to reverse the damage done by radiation.
- Panax Ginseng Root Extract – Eliminates free radicals from the skin and also comes with multiple anti-aging benefits.
- Lavandula Angustifolia Oil – Makes sure your skin is as soft and smooth as possible.
How to use the serum
Clean your skin and apply three drops on the face, neck or anywhere else needed. Make sure that it doesn’t go into your eyes.
Any side effects?
Very few side effects have been reported. A few people were allergic to one or two of the used compounds and experienced mild irritation. Avoid using the oil if your skin happens to be allergic to it.
A well-earned second spot on our list of the best vitamin c serum in 2018.
Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum
Mad Hippie serum is an award-winning Vitamin c serum that has delivered hundreds of users from wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots. This serum is formulated with clinically proven ingredients that will help to keep your skin safe from antioxidants. The results of using this serum include smooth skin texture, better skin appearance, even skin tone, etc. While other serums are more concerned about what they can do to your skin, Mad Hippie have gone a step further to ensure that as you receive its benefits, you can also enjoy its smooth floral scent. You can hence use the serum, and you won’t have to apply any additional products to cover up its smell.
What benefits should users of this serum expect?
- Protection from sun and surrounding toxins
- Promotes collagen production
- Eliminates skin pigmentation
- Brightens the skin
Using the Serum
Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum should be used twice a day. Place a few drops on your palms and then gently apply it on your face.
Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum is made of potent ingredients that are backed by clinical studies. Its efficacy is therefore not speculative, and that’s why so many people have hugely benefitted from this product. Some of the compounds used include:
- Ferulic Acid – This acid interacts well with vitamin C and E for healthier skin. It is an active antioxidant that’ll keep you safe from radicals while absorbing harmful UV rays.
- Hyaluronic Acid – It has multiple uses including hydration of the skin, speeding up the healing process of skin wounds and is also an active anti-aging agent.
- Organic Aloe Vera – Aloe vera is a medical powerhouse, and that’s why it is common in lots of remedies, not just skincare products. This plant’s extracts have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and hydrating properties useful not just to the skin but the entire body.
- Glycerin – It keeps your skin hydrated.
Other compounds contained in this serum include; Grapefruit extracts, chamomile extracts, konjac root powder and clary sage.
Side Effects of vitamin c serum
This Hippie Serum is perfectly safe, and you shouldn’t experience any side effects unless you are allergic to any of the compounds used.
A well-earned third spot on our list of the best vitamin c serum in 2018.
Conclusion on Best Vitamin C Serum Review
It is actually possible to age and keep your radiant and youthful skin. Your skin may have suffered a great deal in the past due to toxins and whatnots, but this shouldn’t be an issue anymore. These serums are more than capable of reversing all the damage done and give your skin the ability to protect itself in the future. So, why again are you still not using these products?!
Thomas Matthys a former world-class track & field athlete and the founder of Swol Headquarters. He graduated from the University of Fordham with a Master’s degree in Science. Matthys is a certified sports nutritionist and personal coach of several professional athletes. Matthys has been involved in various clinical studies within Track & Field including one on the factors associated with muscle recovery and HIIT.