EcoSlim is a post weight loss liquid drop dietary supplement. It is completely natural and safe and is made from herbal ingredients. Its USP is that it maintains efficient metabolism while regulating overall body health.
So you were overweight for a while. Maybe you have been for a while or maybe you put up a little too many pounds during the winter. But you got back on the fitness train and have now shed most of those pounds. What remains is some of those stubborn last pounds, and the struggle to maintain your weight. So you need something to go along with your well chalked out diet and your brutal exercise regime. This is where EcoSlim comes into the picture.
It aids the digestive system to break down dietary fats while improving mental focus and mood. It also helps to control cravings so that you don’t over-indulge.
How do you take EcoSlim?
EcoSlim is only available in liquid drop format and recommended for individuals above the age of fifteen. The correct dosage is 0.5 ml or fifteen to twenty drops mixed in water or juice. One bottle of EcoSlim is of 60 ml and usually lasts for up to forty days. The best time to take it is usually before meals.
What is EcoSlim made of?
EcoSlim is a completely herbal product. The ingredients used are completely natural and some of them have been used in traditional medicines for a very long time. While science might not ball of them, there are those that have anecdotal evidence supporting them.
- Fucus vesiculosis – Fucus vesiculosis also known as bladderwrack, black tang, rockweed, or rock wrack is a seaweed that grows on coasts of North Sea, Baltic Sea, Atlantic and the Pacific Ocean. It has been used extensively in order to regulate estrogen in women. Excess estrogen causes weight gain, thus regulation helps in stopping weight gain. It is also useful for lowering blood pressure and blood sugar.
- Gallium aperine – Gallium aperine also called as cleavers, bedstraw, or sticky weed, is a small herb that is native to western Europe, North Africa, and Asia. It has been used in traditional medicines to cure skin ailments, bite wounds, and burns. It helps to lower blood pressure without affecting the heart rate.
- Garcinia cambogia – Garcinia Cambogia also known as brindleberry, Malabar tamarind, Garcinia gummi-gutta, and kudam poli is a tropical fruit that is found in varied places like Southeast Asia, and west & central Africa. It is frequently looked at as a miracle as it claims to increase athletic ability and fat metabolism, lower body weight, and make you feel full thus helping you to cut down on the amount you eat. It helps with overall weight loss.
- Taraxacum Officinalis – Taraxacum officinalis or as it is known all over the world the dandelion is a perennial plant native to almost all regions with temperate temperatures. It has a high amount of potassium in it, and if used for regulating the overall health of the gastrointestinal tract. It is used in various traditional medicines for the stomach in cultures as varied as Welsh and Arabic.
- Glycorrhiza glabra – Glycorrhiza glabra or liquorice is a legume native to southern Europe and some parts of Asia, like India. it helps in aiding heartburn, lowering stomach acid levels, and preventing ulcers. It is also very useful in lowering the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Erythrea centaurium – Erythrea centaurium also known as common centaury and European centaury is a flower native to Europe, North Africa, and parts of Asia. It is a digestive tonic that helps with gas, bloating and heartburn. It promotes the overall health of the digestive system.
- Guarana – Guarana is a climbing plant native to the Amazon basins. It is a natural central nervous system stimulant and helps prevent fatigue and keep mental focus. It also jogs metabolism along while burning fat cells. It is also said to satiate you thus stopping you from over-eating.
- Curcuma longa – Curcuma longa or turmeric is a plant from the ginger family that is native to the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia. Indians have been using turmeric in various medicine recipes for the longest time. it is used to clear the liver obstruction, treat jaundice, and regulate fat metabolism.
Benefits of EcoSlim
EcoSlim, being a 100% herbal supplement has a lot of benefits associated with it. Other than the usual benefits propagated by everyone here are some more, rather underrated benefits of EcoSlim.
100% natural – EcoSlim has a wide variety of ingredients, all of which are completely natural. The efficiency of those ingredients, however, does tend to vary. So some ingredients have science backing them, while others may have only anecdotal evidence. However, all the substances by themselves are completely safe.
- Money back guarantees – EcoSlim is one of the few dietary supplements that offer a money back guarantee. Usually, such guarantees speak volumes to the faith that companies have in their products, and can thus be taken as a good indicator to the effectiveness of the product.
- Non-addictive – A lot of dietary supplements use caffeine or other stimulants which are habit forming in nature. EcoSlim does not have such stimulants and thus there is no chance of habit formation or addiction. If you feel like it is not working for you, or that it is causing side effects, you can quit without any withdrawal symptoms.
Drawbacks of EcoSlim
For all the benefits that EcoSlim provides there are some glaring drawbacks. Obviously, no medication can be bought without first considering the cons.
- Lack of clinical studies – EcoSlim is not backed by any scientific study. In order to ensure that a medicine actually delivers on its claims, and does not cause any unintended side effects, fatal or otherwise, it is very important to subject it to strict clinical studies. However that has not happened in case of EcoSlim, and thus the users are left with a certain amount of uncertainty as to the effects.
- Bitter taste – EcoSlim is said to have a bitter taste which puts off a lot of first-time users. It also is rejected by children for the same reason. However, the ardent advocates of EcoSlim take it despite the taste as they believe the advantages outweigh the taste.
- Availability of the drops – EcoSlim is very unique in the manner that it is available for online purchase, but you won’t find it in your local pharmacy stores. This provides a problem where easy availability takes a huge hit, and if you are traveling, or break or misplace a bottle, you can’t easily get access to another bottle and you end up missing doses.
- Stimulant side effects – EcoSlim is made up of central nervous system stimulants. While they serve the purpose of helping to overcome mental fatigue, and physical stress, an overdose of stimulants cause a lot of side effects. Nausea, elevated heart rate, jitters are just some of the side effects caused by EcoSlim when taken in excess, and sometimes even when taken in a normal amount in case of an existing condition.
The final verdict is to give EcoSlim a pass. The biggest issue here is the lack of scientific evidence. The stimulant overdose and taste factor pale in comparison to the fact that there is no evidence to back these diet drops. Had a scientific study cleared it, then it could be considered for all the other benefits that it provides but that is not the case. There are many other diet supplements available that would be worth your while.
Alexa Bauer has a Master’s degree in nutrition from the University of Maryland and works as a full-time researcher at Swol Headquarters. Alexa Bauer spends her spare time blogging about cardiovascular health and nutrition. She’s specialized in weight loss.