What is Zyrexin and how does it work?
Zyrexin is a natural male enhancement supplement that uses a proprietary blend of ingredients and claims to be the #1 selling sex pill online. It is also easily available at retail locations like Walmart, CVS, GNC and many other similar places. Zyrexin is a natural alternative to prescription versions that are normally chemical based on Viagra.
Many older men start noticing changes in their sexual lives as time goes by. It’s not just the older men with sexual problems, many younger men also face such problems from time to time. Zyrexin is a slightly larger all-natural alternative to the popular Viagra. Like many other male enhancing supplements on the market, Zyrexin claims to be the world’s strongest sexual enhancer. This supplement promises to work instantaneously and solve many common sexual problems men might face. This review will delve into the details about Zyrexin so you can decide whether it is the right choice for you.
Zyrexin works by creating a temporary boost in size and girth. The fact that it doesn’t claim to increase size and girth permanently is a good sign to help differentiate it from its competitors. Many male supplements will make promises that users can see a permanent increase in size when the science for that is impossible. Zyrexin includes ingredients that help boost blood flow in the body, meaning the penile chambers fill with blood more effectively resulting in a temporarily larger, better erection that Zyrexin claims will last longer. The active ingredients in the supplement worth to increase production of nitric oxide which is famously known to be a potent vasodilator. What this means is that blood vessels become relaxed so that when the blood flows to the erection it becomes more engorged. Zyrexin also includes ingredients that act as mood elevators, aphrodisiacs and stamina enhancers.
The recommended dosage for Zyrexin is 1 to 2 tablets one hour prior to sexual activity. The packaging recommends that users not exceed more than 4 supplements in a day.
Who makes Zyrexin?
This male enhancement supplement is manufactured by Superbalife International, which is a company based out of Los Angeles and specializes in producing supplements that are specifically aimed at catering to men’s health. Superbalife International also makes the well-known Penatropin which is a similar male enhancement supplement. Unlike Penatropin that is required to be taken on a regular basis for maximum effect, Zyrexin claims to work almost instantly.
Ingredients in Zyrexin
The good news is that Zyrexin uses natural ingredients. It is a proprietary blend though, so the amounts in the supplement dosage is not clear. This is definitely a limitation, but more on limitations later. Here are the active ingredients that make Zyrexin:
- Butea Superba – This ingredient is a shrub that is native to Thailand, Vietnam, and India. The tuber is used commonly as an aphrodisiac and is known to increase male vitality and boost testosterone naturally. It has been used for many years for these purposes and in Zyrexin it is a patented ingredient.
- Xanthoparmelia Scarbosa – This ingredient is a type of lichen (an organism made up of fungus and algae). Xanthoparmelia Scarbosa is a popular natural ingredient that is used to treat erectile dysfunction and increase libido.
- Cnidium Monnieri – Native to China, this plant has also been found in the North-Western regions of the United States of America. Commonly used in ancient eastern medicine to help treat skin conditions, it has also been used to help increase sexual performance and libido while also treating erectile dysfunction.
- L-Arginine – This natural amino acid is produced by the body, and when supplemented can serve as a hugely effective and beneficial treatment for erectile dysfunction. It is a common ingredient in dietary supplements aimed toward male performance enhancement. It boosts production of nitric oxide in the body which effectively helps raise blood circulation. There are many benefits to this – better circulation means better erections, better stamina and fasts over recover time.
- Yohimbe – previously known as a hugely common ingredient in male enhancement supplements, the side effects of Yohimbe now make men wary, more on these side effects below.
- Horny Goat Weed – Also known as Epimedium, this is a natural ingredient that a farmer discovered when he noticed the change in behavior after his goats ate the plant. The active compound in Horny Goat Weed is Icariin. Icariin helps by blocking a substance called PDE5 which naturally occurs in the body, and restricts blood flow to the reproductive organs.
- Velvet Bean Extract – This ingredient has been used with a fair amount of popularity in countries like Brazil and India. It is used to increase fertility, treat erectile dysfunction as well as increase muscle mass.
- Ginkgo Extract – This ancient Chinese ingredient in many natural treatments f various ailments is most commonly known for its positive effect on energy, mood, and memory. It is also said to help increase blood flow for better erections.
Other Ingredients in Zyrexin include – Microcrystalline Cellulose, Dextrose, Starch, Stearic Acid, Hydroxy Propyl Methylcellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, Triacetin, FD&C Blue #1 Aluminum Lake
These other ingredients are in small quantities to help with the color and makeup of the supplement. They are not active ingredients, but their presence indicates that this is not an all-natural supplement, simply a supplement that includes many natural ingredients as active ingredients.
Just like every other male enhancement pill, Zyrexin claims to do it all, these claims include:
- Increase in libido
- Instant results
- Harder better erections
- Natural ingredients
- Eliminates premature ejaculation
A few other positives about Zyrexin are that it is a well-recognized brand that offers a money back guarantee. It is available online and in retail locations so it is also easy to find. The advertising and marketing for Zyrexin firmly plant itself as the “world’s strongest sexual enhancer”, it also claims that along with an increase in sexual stamina, users can also see an effective change in size, reclaimed youthful vigor and increased libido.
The interesting thing about this male enhancement supplement is that there mixed reviews, but it does seem to work for some men.
Things to watch out for
The first thing that should cause concern is side effects, while mostly natural and side effect free, Zyrexin does include one ingredient that has caused an increased risk of heart attacks in men. Yohimbe has been a popular addition to such male enhancement pills for its effectiveness, unfortunately, orally consumed, it does cause certain side effects that include:
- Increased blood pressure and heart rate
- Fever-like symptoms
- Insomnia (if Zyrexin is taken at night, this a potential side effect to be kept in mind while doing so)
The best way to counter these side effects is to avoid taking the supplement on an empty stomach. However, conversely, it is recommended to take the supplement on an empty stomach so as to maximize results as instantly as possible. Another warning to heed is that men with heart problems should definitely avoid products that contain Yohimbe.
Now that the main point of concern is out of the way, it is important to mention that not all supplements that use Yohimbe will produce side effects, but in the case of Zyrexin it is even more important to be vigilant as there is no indication of amounts of each ingredient in the supplement, which makes it difficult to tell how effective it might be. Zyrexin is also not available for purchase in Canada, Australia and UK because Yohimbe is a banned ingredient in those countries.
Whether this supplement works or not is still up for debate, as there are mixed reviews from customers about the effectiveness of Zyrexin. While some customers saw a positive change in their sex lives, others reported no change at all. The ingredients also, while common in similar supplements and have been reported by some to work, do not have any clinical or scientific studies to back up the claims.
It is obvious that the only way to figure out whether or not Zyrexin is right for you is to try it out yourself since there seems to be such a mixed response to the product. The ease of availability is another plus point in its corner and at $30, it is fairly reasonably priced. However, the use of yohimbe and the vagueness surrounding ingredient amounts in this proprietary blend is enough to make us think twice. There are other natural male enhancement supplements that might work better.